Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Evolving Husbandry

Old 13-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #11
EJ
Adult

I'm sorry... Happy Bday.

Whew... Feel better?

i speak my mind... sorry if it offends you.

Get over the fact that the UK and the US are pretty much one when it comes to keeping herps. I do not see an us and them mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
Very weak reply. I thought you had a bit more about you.

You've picked on the wrong person tonight. It's my birthday and I've had a few bevvies (aka glasses of alcohol) and I'm not in the mood for pulling my punches.
You are the stereo typical American. You think you are above everyone and you can get away with whatever you want. I don't Bow to your knowledge, some of us can think for ourselves and I worked out a long time ago how to look after my reptiles, long before I read anything written, no, preached and thrust down our throats, by you. We have our own minds and can decide for ourselves what is right for us. If you were a little less big headed about your "knowledge", and less condescending, more people may get your message.
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #12
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
I'm sorry... Happy Bday.

Whew... Feel better?

i speak my mind... sorry if it offends you.

Get over the fact that the UK and the US are pretty much one when it comes to keeping herps. I do not see an us and them mentality.
I do feel better yes. I have said what I think a lot of people want to say to you but feel too intimidated to say. You don't intimidate me, you anger me. I know you have a lot of knowledge and want to share it but you go about it with a sledgehammer. People don't respond to being told they have to do it this way.
There is "speaking your mind" and being spiteful, you come across as the latter. I know you are passionate about keeping herps but so are a lot of people. We are all entitled to have an opinion and share what we know, aand learn what we don't. I found that article and thought it was a good illustration of the way a reptile works. People learn differently and visually, I thought it was very good. It illustrates how it works.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #13
pagan queen
Adult

Where did you go Ed I was just beginning to enjoy myself. Party pooper.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 13-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #14
EJ
Adult

Always willing to party.

Quote:
Where did you go Ed I was just beginning to enjoy myself. Party pooper.
and
Old 13-09-2012, 12:53 AM   #15
pagan queen
Adult

What makes you so angry Ed? Why do you always reply to messages with all guns blazing?
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 13-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #16
EJ
Adult

What makes you think I'm angry?

To your original post... I was insulted in that it was an important point that I constantly try to get across.

Outside of that... no anger issues here.

Quote:
What makes you so angry Ed? Why do you always reply to messages with all guns blazing?
and
Old 13-09-2012, 01:38 AM   #17
pagan queen
Adult

And did you not think that my post may just help reinforce your point? Why did you take it as an insult? I was illustrating that you are correct. Believe me when I say, you did not cross my mind when I posted it. I just saw a good way to show people what happens when Herps eat etc. The world doesn't revolve around what you think. We are not all out to get you. You have serious persecution issues. A lot of people believe and know what you are saying and I for one keep my reptiles pretty much the same way as you keep yours. Not because you told me to but because I did my research and found out for myself. I looked at what you say and then went out into the www, found out what I believe is the best way. You can only advise, in the end people will follow what they want to. you getting angry and stamping you feet like a 2 year old will not make them think your way. You have to give reasoned arguments as to your way, not try and force it. People will switch off if they feel they are being told what to do. There is a saying, you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 13-09-2012, 02:10 AM   #18
EJ
Adult

I pretty much don't try to catch bugs... except for my lizards.

Wow... I really don't think I have anger issues.

Quote:
And did you not think that my post may just help reinforce your point? Why did you take it as an insult? I was illustrating that you are correct. Believe me when I say, you did not cross my mind when I posted it. I just saw a good way to show people what happens when Herps eat etc. The world doesn't revolve around what you think. We are not all out to get you. You have serious persecution issues. A lot of people believe and know what you are saying and I for one keep my reptiles pretty much the same way as you keep yours. Not because you told me to but because I did my research and found out for myself. I looked at what you say and then went out into the www, found out what I believe is the best way. You can only advise, in the end people will follow what they want to. you getting angry and stamping you feet like a 2 year old will not make them think your way. You have to give reasoned arguments as to your way, not try and force it. People will switch off if they feel they are being told what to do. There is a saying, you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.
and
Old 13-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #19
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
I pretty much don't try to catch bugs... except for my lizards.

Wow... I really don't think I have anger issues.
I think you know what the saying means.

If you don't have anger issues you are doing a good impression of someone who has. Giving your knowledge to others should feel good. If you get a thank you, it feels great to know that you have helped. If someone chooses to ignore your knowledge input, it is not a personal slight on you. Some people are just hell bent on doing things their way. Some people ask for help but don't really want it. Strange I know but if you don't say what they want to hear they ignore it. It's not a personal attack on you, they are just single minded. You have a hell of a lot to give and there are a lot of people who would be grateful. Choose your battles, give to those who appreciate it and ignore those who don't. Danny is the most inoffensive person on here but you try to pick arguments with him. He doesn't take the bait, to his credit, but you don't look good when you try. I think you could be a great person on here but you just make yourself look like a bad guy when you are really just trying to help. you come across as a forum troll, and I know you are not.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 13-09-2012, 02:40 AM   #20
EJ
Adult

Information acknowledged.

Quote:
I think you know what the saying means.

If you don't have anger issues you are doing a good impression of someone who has. Giving your knowledge to others should feel good. If you get a thank you, it feels great to know that you have helped. If someone chooses to ignore your knowledge input, it is not a personal slight on you. Some people are just hell bent on doing things their way. Some people ask for help but don't really want it. Strange I know but if you don't say what they want to hear they ignore it. It's not a personal attack on you, they are just single minded. You have a hell of a lot to give and there are a lot of people who would be grateful. Choose your battles, give to those who appreciate it and ignore those who don't. Danny is the most inoffensive person on here but you try to pick arguments with him. He doesn't take the bait, to his credit, but you don't look good when you try. I think you could be a great person on here but you just make yourself look like a bad guy when you are really just trying to help. you come across as a forum troll, and I know you are not.
and