Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 29-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
Rowan
Sub Adult

Default Disheartened .......

Just need to share........

I know I have already posted about this but it's so not fare!!!!!

I have now been going running every other day without fail for the last 5 weeks. In those 5 weeks I have covered 63 and half miles and felt every single one of those miles believe me and in the heat that we have had it's been a killer. I have burnt 7000 calories I am really proud of myself for sticking to it and now that I have totaled everything up I am really amazed at what I have done.

However.........

I STILL HAVEN'T LOST ANY WEIGHT AAAAaaaaaaaaaRRRRRRRRggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Think I am just going to be a fat blimp forever. I just want to be slim again.....

Ok rant over with and god all I want is the biggest chocolate bar ever!!!!!!!

Row x
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

my doctor says it's all to do with energy in and energy out..if there's more goes in than out you can't lose weight. I can do the energy in bit but not quite got the hang of the energy out
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Rowan
Sub Adult

Thanks Alan, you've made me smile!!!!!! Guess I'm also too good at energy in??? Maybe an "energy in" diary is required

Row x
Old 29-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
yuna1971
Adult

Row, sorry it hasnt worked for you there. Alan is right on the money.
Why not try and join your local WW. I know, its not a quick fix thing - it will require time and willpower but take it from me....someone who has done WW many many times...then put it all back on...then lost it again, IT DOES work and its the best one to lose it steadily and safely. You can keep it off, and your exercising - will just compliment the WW diet more and you will lose faster.
Try it, they are not one of the top diets to lose weight on for nothing.
To date, I have lost 21lbs and lost a stone and a half. I am where I want to be, havent been this for nearly 8 years. You can do yourself but I find just going, paying my money and someone to SEE if you have cheated and read your weight makes me want to NOT cheat, if that makes any sense.
Well, thats my preaching over...you can go back to ranting now Row (Rantin' Rowan)
xx Good luck. Hope this helps you...YOU CAN DO IT!!! xxxx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
ibizathetort
Adult

Sometimes when running your body can adapt easily and quickly to the excercise you are doing. I'm not sure if this is the case but if your running has been at an ok steady pace you can handle then you might not see big results.

I find interval training to be best whilst out jogging when I want to lean up. You can do this by jogging even walking for a few mins then blasting your legs hard as you can sprint or run for a few mins. You can also add hills. If you keep your body guessing you lose weight more efficently.

Thats what my MensHealth says anyway! lol
ibizathetort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
Rowan
Sub Adult

Rach, thanks for your support. I'd love to join WW or a gym but my OH's business is not doing too well at the mo so we have now spare cash what so ever which is why I've been trying to do this without spending. I knwo it is not a lot week to week but we really have no money .

Ibizatort. Thanks for the words of wisdom. Trust me i am not finding this easy at all!!!!!!! I'm currently walking 1 min nd running 12 and repeating 3 times. this goes up week by week so in the end i should be able to run 1/2 and hour none stop.

I think I've got to keepa food diary!

Thanks

Row x
Old 29-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
burnt toast
Adult

Hi Row
I do sympathise, I lost over 4 stones a few years back with a combination of exercise & sensible diet. Like ibiza I was advised to do interval training, this applies to what ever your doing, spinning, running x-trainer but lots of short intervals so your heart goes up & down frequently. Your body also adapts to what your doing so its best to chop & change activities.

Another tip which I feel really worked for me was to have more meals - smaller obviously or 3 meals & 2 or 3 snacks but make sure you have protein at every meal. protein is: natural yogurt, fish, meat, seeds, beans. Also 50%of your intake should be vegetables, this gives you tonnes of fibre & fills you up. Sounds horrid but not too bad if you include, a salad, a nice big veggie soup, stirfry, roasted veg, look at the library or on the internet for free ideas & recipes, I got myself a ring binder & kept a note of good recipes so I could look through for inspiration.

Also why dont you measure yourself with a tape measure, some weeks you may not loose any on the scales but will loose inches & this will cheer you up & keep you at it.

Good luck & keep at it.
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibizathetort View Post
you can sprint or run for a few mins. You can also add hills.
sprint? what does that mean?

adding hills sounds good, I can do hills no problem as long as someone drops me off at the top first.

Seriously, someone told me once that excercising turns fat into muscle and that is why you don't lose weight
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #9
yuna1971
Adult

Row, I can look around and see if I have a basic food guide for WW and send it to you.?? Then at least you can work out points - why not go for 20pts/22 pts per day??
Something like that - well, if you want me to have a look and find this book, just let me know. I would be happy to send to you. Or just PM me what your meals are, and I might be able to tell you where things have gone wrong xx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #10
Neddy
Sub Adult

Hi Rowan,

I would highly recommend swimming for losing weight it uses all your muscles and is a great fat burner

Alternatively there is the WII fit

Hope this helps
Neddy is offline   Reply With Quote