Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 16-09-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
KJ77
Egg

Default My 2 Beardies, didn't want them feeling left out

Here are my 2 beardies who have been sulking all day because we were busy making an outdoor enclosure for Logan our tortoise, so thought I would just post this pic to make them feel better

Thats Bertie on the right & Gertie in the bottom left....we love them to bits xxx
Mum to 4 kids, wife to 1 hubby, surrogate mum to 2 tortoises (Logan & Berry) 3 x Royals (Schubert, Tika & Sako), 5 hamsters (snowdrop, Iggle Piggle, upsy Daisy, snowflake & spiderman) & 1 x English Springer Spaniel (Bennie)
KJ77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
Dazza
Adult

they are great i love beardies - one day may be

Dazza
Dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 09:29 AM   #3
Toni115
Adult

lovely beardies

I would love one too, sadly no more room at the inn
Old 16-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #4
linda
Adult

great picture

it took me a while to see bertie
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #5
kim davies
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kim davies

my brothers after a beardied dragon.what else do they need in a viv along with a uv light and heat bulb?x
Old 16-09-2007, 06:47 PM   #6
KJ77
Egg

Bertie & Gertie feel soooo much happier now that people are showing interest in them aswell hahahaha...Here's a pic of our complete set up, Kim, so as to give you an idea as to what is required to house them, we did Have plastic Greenery as a backdrop but Bertie took a fancy to them and started to pull at them to try to eat them so to be on the safe side we removed it, not good for digestive system if swallowed. There pretty easy to keep and are really friendly Bertie is even toilet trained to knock with his nose on the window to use a litter tray for a number 2, Gertie is a little lazier and just goes when she needs hahahaha

Mum to 4 kids, wife to 1 hubby, surrogate mum to 2 tortoises (Logan & Berry) 3 x Royals (Schubert, Tika & Sako), 5 hamsters (snowdrop, Iggle Piggle, upsy Daisy, snowflake & spiderman) & 1 x English Springer Spaniel (Bennie)
KJ77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2007, 07:22 PM   #7
Madhouse
Sub Adult

well that totally confused me as I was looking for pics of Bearded collies

They are rather gorgeous tho aren't they - love the toilet training bit

take care
Steph - Wife to an ever patient hubby, Mum to four children, 2 dogs, cat, 3 newts, numerous fish, an eel, 3 dwarf hamsters, my 2 baby torts Mickey & Theo (Med. spur thighs) and Mr Grumpyboots Harries (Adult male Horsfield)
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #8
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

great looking beardies, nice amount of wieght around them aswell. if it was me i would take them off the sand (even if it's that calcium sand stuff) it's just a acident waiting to happen.
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #9
niamherrity
Adult

Ok this whole sand vs paper debate, my beardie is on sand and it hasn't caused any probs. I thought the idea was to be as natural as possible, so how could paper be natural I kinda agree for hatchings but not for beardies that are 6 months and older

Heres mine and as you can see he's very healthy, half his enclosure is sand the other half is slate

niamherrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #10
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

well to be honest i agree paper is not natural at all and at the same time keeping a lizard in a wooden box in a artifal environment with artifical heating and artifcal lighting if far from natural. desert lizards don't bother about there substrate, the only time they do is when they want to dig and this can be over come with using moss. beardie ani't come from the wild so ani't gonna miss it. so real it is down to lowering the risk of dangers or wanting the pet to look good in it's tank. slate,tile and other substrate is fine for flooring. i have always kept mine on paper, but one leo that i brought from a breeder had been raised on sand and you can ask the vet hannah on here who helped to treat it when it got a impaction. £200 to have the sand removed and still died so it ani't worth it to be honest in my opinion. it might never happen but is it worth the risk
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote