Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 20-09-2007, 08:24 PM   #11
joathome
Adult

I wonder if you could pay for the re home, take the animal and say you hae the equipment at home, then shop about for cheaper stuff, i think pets at home are over the top with there prices
Old 21-09-2007, 12:40 AM   #12
phoenix23db
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to phoenix23db

i wud agree about there prices being too high, they hav some great articificial plants in stock that iv used in my fish tanks in tort pens but i was looking the other day and for a decent size one its about £8.99...... for a plastic plant!!
some of the bigger ones are close to £20.... its just a plastic plant! lol its crazy
0.2.0 Leopard's
phoenix23db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 08:51 AM   #13
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

i hate the plants and stuff pets at home sell, they do have a wide range but there so expensive. i like to have objects in my fish tanks so i went up there to sell wot they had. the plants were like £7 just for a leaf and for a ornoment it was about £25 and they were tacky things like big ben clock with dwafs climbing the sid eof the building, or a elephant flying over a cave. whats that all about aren't tanks surpose to look real, not something out of Roald Dahl.
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 10:01 PM   #14
hbvet
Hatched

this may not be appropriate, but both my local pets at home stores are good - I do regular store visits and update the local manager, we treat all animals if showing any signs of not being 100%. the managers at both my local stores reallly really care , and go beyond the call of duty. It isnt easy belonging to a big chain/company as the big bosses dont always care about the animals , just targets. the ground staff are aso under pressure, and many of them do their best. Unfortunatle many vets arent intereseted in the stores and many stores dont have vet advice.

we are lucky up here, our local pets at home have a great relationship with us and the rehoming centre is wow!

feel sad for uguys have had poor experience, at the end of the day big companies like making a profit - the way of the business world.
Hope this helps???
Old 22-09-2007, 01:05 PM   #15
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

am not too much of a fan of them, mainly down to the high prices, but they help keep the pet world going. but generally smaller one bussiness shops are brillant. most pet shops around me a great and stock is always cared for. if any of you live in staffordshire you should go see a guy called terry mountford in Audley. he keeps pigs,cow,cats.buggies,lizards.snakes.torts and loads of other stuff and sells stuff aswell. he is brillant guy with great animals and well cared for.
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2007, 09:30 PM   #16
kim davies
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kim davies

i can also say our pets at home is good.all animals are in decend size cages.as for rehoming prices i dont think its that bad.they had two guinea pigs in and we askd how much rehoming was n they said what ever you anted to pay.so we said 15 pounds for them and they were fine.we didnt buy them due to the fact i have enough pets.i was just curious how much they would want.x