Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 16-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #1
animalmad
Hatched

Default Tim only woke up for 20minutes today?

i woke him for a bath this morning and he was happy in there for a good 20mins i even topped up the warm water for him. Usually once i put his back into his table he basks for a while then has a bite to eat before going back to bed but today he went straight to sleep and as far as i can tell didnt bother getting up again, is this normal for this time of year.
His temps are 33degres under the lamp and about 20 in the cool end, what ever the house temp is at....

he did eat a load of weeds the day before and has pooed and we-ed in the last few days...is he trying to wind down as i didnt want him to until mid november ish as this year will be his 1st hibernations so its going to have to be a fairly short one and thought best to do it when the weather turns colder??

any suggestions please x
Old 16-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
Shelled Lady
Juvenile

Certainly sounds like it. It's perfectly natural for them to sleep a few days, then get up and eat, especially if the weather warms up.
Shelled Lady is offline   Reply With Quote