Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Ask The Experts > Identification/Sexing.

Old 18-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
turpz
Egg

Exclamation help id'ing a north african tortoise a.s.a.p

hi, i just got my first tortoise and i have no clue what type he is, all i know is that hes from Tunisia (north Africa). so i would like to know what type of tortoise he is so i can give the correct care a.s.a.p. also if theres any way of telling how old he is that would be much appreciated as well. also wile I'm here if anyone dose manage to work out what type he is any care info or advice would be appreciated as well.

thanks for any help.

turpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
KatjaS
Incubating

Hi! The only, I can say, is that she/he looks like my baby-Tunisian tortoises. I would say, that she is about 6-7 months old. I have had four CB- hatclings, but only one of them lives with us anymore.

But.. I would like to ask, how did you get her? If she comes directly from North-Africa, you maybe have an "elegal" tortoise in your hands?

But offcourse; it´s possible to have those important "papers", even if tortoise has comming from his naturally habitat and country (WC). But i dont have experience of this; especially of Tunisian tortoise.

Good luck with your Baby-Tortoise
KatjaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

You have a Tunisian Spur-thighed tortoise, Testudo graeca nabeulensis. It's most likely about 3 months old.

Danny
Old 18-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
NATURALIS
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by turpz View Post
hi, i just got my first tortoise and i have no clue what type he is, all i know is that hes from Tunisia (north Africa). so i would like to know what type of tortoise he is so i can give the correct care a.s.a.p. also if theres any way of telling how old he is that would be much appreciated as well. also wile I'm here if anyone dose manage to work out what type he is any care info or advice would be appreciated as well.

thanks for any help.

I dont understand why you dont know?, what does it say on the licence???????.
NATURALIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 08:29 AM   #5
KatjaS
Incubating

Yes, you have right, Egyptiandan I had to sitt down, and look all my pictures of my baby-tortoises. They looks all little different in the same age, because of twins. These two have allways looked out little "younger" than those two other "normal" babys. Thats why I thought that Turptz´s tortoise is little bit older.

My new guessing is 3-4 months old too
KatjaS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
african, age, north, tortoise