Lol, I cant stop looking at these! How weird
Old 12-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #12
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre View Post
Lol, I cant stop looking at these! How weird
Me neither!! My boys would be giggling for the next 10 years if I grew some if these lol
Old 13-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #13
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

it looks like it has one of those infections which is named after a well known garden bird

I have bought a packet of seeds for those multi coloured peppers and I'm going to plant the seeds from the thin chillies we have just now too
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #14
rocio
Hatchling

We bought some chillie willie seeds this year and now have loads of little plant. Will be interesting to see what they turn into----roundheads or cavaliers!. We grow several different varieties and colours. Chillies need a fair bit of heat to germinate and grow so start them off in a warm place with a bit of bottom heat if possible. If they don't get enough warmth they'll be a bit late flowering and fruiting. I always wear rubbery glubs when handling the seeds as even they can irritate my skin and make my eyes smart. The multi coloured ones are fun and very pretty as you get several different colour fruits on the plant at the same time.

www.cactusinspain.com
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #15
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I have just discovered it is not wise to rub your eyes after touching those seeds

I got some more out Tesco last night, a grow your own kit 74p. it's just a packet of seeds, a pot of compost and a clear plastic lid but ok for 74p
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #16
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
I have just discovered it is not wise to rub your eyes after touching those seeds

I got some more out Tesco last night, a grow your own kit 74p. it's just a packet of seeds, a pot of compost and a clear plastic lid but ok for 74p
Don't touch your crown jewels either Alan. My son found that out when he was 8. Our parrots eat dried chillies and one had fallen out of the cage onto the sofa where my son sat tearing it up and generally making a mess. It wasn't until he went to the toilet and came to me complaining of a burning willy that I investigated the cause (thinking he had some dreadful disease) and discovered the truth. He wont do that again.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #17
wigwamman
Juvenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
Don't touch your crown jewels either Alan. My son found that out when he was 8. Our parrots eat dried chillies and one had fallen out of the cage onto the sofa where my son sat tearing it up and generally making a mess. It wasn't until he went to the toilet and came to me complaining of a burning willy that I investigated the cause (thinking he had some dreadful disease) and discovered the truth. He wont do that again.
the other evening i prepared a pizza for tea,extra everything with some chilli peppers on top,washed my hands,poured glass of beer and sat down to watch a bit of telly whilst pizza did its thing in the oven.
lips started burning,i must have touched the edge of the glass,anyway went to bathroom to wash mouth out i also had a jimmy riddle.
next time i have chillies i will wear latex gloves!!!
wigwamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #18
rocio
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigwamman View Post
the other evening i prepared a pizza for tea,extra everything with some chilli peppers on top,washed my hands,poured glass of beer and sat down to watch a bit of telly whilst pizza did its thing in the oven.
lips started burning,i must have touched the edge of the glass,anyway went to bathroom to wash mouth out i also had a jimmy riddle.
next time i have chillies i will wear latex gloves!!!
Told Ya!!!! You dint pay no heed!
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #19
wigwamman
Juvenile

well how did you do ???????

i ended up with around 20 plants.some peppers,mostly chillies,am now overwintering them.apparently you get a bigger harvest in the 2nd year if you can get them through the winter.
time to give my taste buds a rest!!
wigwamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #20
Merlin M
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigwamman View Post
well how did you do ???????

i ended up with around 20 plants.some peppers,mostly chillies,am now overwintering them.apparently you get a bigger harvest in the 2nd year if you can get them through the winter.
time to give my taste buds a rest!!
Yeah its the second year for my sisters chillies and they are STILL getting masses of them!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote