Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 06-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
Horace2
Hatched

Default Horace again!!!!!!!!!

I am now so pleased with Horace. Since I opened up a section of his big hide and put a light in he does not sleep so much.. He came out on his own for the first time in months. I came home this afternoon to find poo near his basking light. He does stay more in the section where the light is but at lest he is not sleeping all the time. He has eat loads of lamb lettuse, Romaine lettuce and some weeds that I still have growing in the greenhouse.
Thanks all to you guys for your advice and a very big thanks to Rach, for all your advice.
Horace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
TortBabe
Adult

That is great news, well done Horace
Old 06-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
SeeShell
Adult

Great news!
SeeShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
WriterNick
Juvenile

Send a message via MSN to WriterNick

Glad to hear that Horace is doing so well!
WriterNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
yuna1971
Adult

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace2 View Post
I am now so pleased with Horace. Since I opened up a section of his big hide and put a light in he does not sleep so much.. He came out on his own for the first time in months. I came home this afternoon to find poo near his basking light. He does stay more in the section where the light is but at lest he is not sleeping all the time. He has eat loads of lamb lettuse, Romaine lettuce and some weeds that I still have growing in the greenhouse.
Thanks all to you guys for your advice and a very big thanks to Rach, for all your advice.
...You are very welcome, Chris.
xx I am SOOOO pleased for you both! xx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
Horace2
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuna1971 View Post
...You are very welcome, Chris.
xx I am SOOOO pleased for you both! xx
Again thanks Rach, Horace is a diffrent Tort. When I put his lights on at 7am and the important one in the half section of his hide he is now up and running within 10 mins, coming out basking and even checking out his upstairs. Horace does look into the big hole where I have taken out the section but as not dived into the hole. I do have lots of rediegress in his hide so if he does he will not hurt himself.
Its lovely here, I put Horace outside (not his outside enclosure) and stayed with him for an hour. He was walking around even eating weeds that I had put down for him two days ago! Just a diffrent Tort, Hope my Girlfriend does not change so fast

Last edited by Horace2; 11-10-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
yuna1971
Adult

Great news...I am thrilled for you both! xx Well done Chris, at the end of the day - it is something that you can now give advice on to similar owners. Its through asking, and trying out different things that sometimes we actually hit the bullseye! xx
So all the credit is for you for trying things out...and as I said before for NEVER GIVING UP on little Horace! Yay!!

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025

Last edited by yuna1971; 11-10-2010 at 05:56 PM.
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #8
Pat
Egg

Great news for your and Horace!

I had to put additional lights on my table - they are all timed to come on at different times and for different lengths, trying as much as possible to replicate what it would be like in their natural habitat.

What is really great is that there are forums around like this one, where we can all get advice no matter how trivial we think the problem is.

Good luck - and keep the lights away from the OH!

Patx
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
Horace2
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuna1971 View Post
Great news...I am thrilled for you both! xx Well done Chris, at the end of the day - it is something that you can now give advice on to similar owners. Its through asking, and trying out different things that sometimes we actually hit the bullseye! xx
So all the credit is for you for trying things out...and as I said before for NEVER GIVING UP on little Horace! Yay!!
No, all the Credit is yours. Last year I had bought Horace a new 4 foot table BUT being me I did go on and buy Horace a 4 foot table with an upstairs. What I did not know untill you said Maybe the bigger hide was the problem? You were Right. Horace has a GREAT BIG HIDE, so there was no light getting in there, never mind the temps which are always the same. So just following your advice, taking the half section away and just putting a lamp with a 40 watt bulb, Horace is now a new tort.
If it was not for you, I mean this, I would have had to let Horace go.
So AGAIN, Thank You, But my Girlfriend "hates You"

Last edited by Horace2; 11-10-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #10
Horace2
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Great news for your and Horace!

I had to put additional lights on my table - they are all timed to come on at different times and for different lengths, trying as much as possible to replicate what it would be like in their natural habitat.

What is really great is that there are forums around like this one, where we can all get advice no matter how trivial we think the problem is.

Good luck - and keep the lights away from the OH!

Patx
Thank You Pat, the other oh is now down in the dumps for some reason
This forum is Great.
Good Luck to You Too. Godbless (Gosh can I say that?)