Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 15-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
Merlin M
Adult

I have the same problem with Buzz and meaty food as she was on dry food for 12 years, she is still on dry food but have given her the Natures menu stuff and it caused no problems!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #12
wks9362
Hatched

Try the nature diet I am sure he will like that as no horrid stuff in it
wks9362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #13
Merlin M
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by wks9362 View Post
Try the nature diet I am sure he will like that as no horrid stuff in it
Yes Buzz loves it as a treat!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #14
Catwoman63
Adult

I used to use forth glade natures diet, but as my dog grew the containers were too small a portion, I would still feed her it if they did larger containers, it's very good. I also sprinkle natural herb vitamin powder on her food which she likes fortunately, good for the insides, coat and skin x

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #15
filardimarg2
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to filardimarg2

Kiera eats 2 separate 1lb of meat a day, the meat is 80p per pack in 1 place but at P @ H it is a bit more, so you would have to know how much your dog needs per day, I found out by trail & error, you just need to watch the dogs weight, if he is gaining then cut the amount of food or visa versa, the only other food I buy is Asda's Smart Price chicken breast as kiera wont eat the packs of frozen chicken.

Marg.

Testudo Hermanni Hermanni...Flo, Dotty & Daisy, all December 2010.
German Shepherd Dog...Kiera.
filardimarg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #16
pagan queen
Adult

Thanks everyone. I've ordered some naturediet and some natures menu to compare and see what he prefers. I might try some of the Barf food as well.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
Pussygalore
Adult

I buy the natures menu as in the picture for Milo, it comes in small frozen cubes so you can just defrost what you want, its about the only food that Milo will eat and I get it from Pets at home. One thing though like all fresh/raw foods once thawed and on the floor it will only stay fresh for a couple of hours, I also put his in the microwave for 10 secs if from the fridge or feed at room temp, I just thaw enough for the next meal ie 3 cubes for breakfast and 3 for tea, they aren't very big but it does say a suggested amount on the bag. Milo doesn't like the Tripe one but does the lamb and chicken variety's. I also have the Lilly's Kitchen cooking for dogs book and that has some easy recipes if you want to cook yourself, the meat loaf is very good value and works out cheaper than buying dog food, its basically mince, chicken livers and grated carrot, potatoe and I added some parsnip, oatmeal can be added, its all mixed together after cooking the livers ( I boil them) and use my food processor. Then the mix is cooked in the oven for about 1 hour, I get two of the tinfoil containers of meatloaf and when cold slice it into portions, then freeze, I find freezing in individual bags stops it sticking together, and that amount will last Milo about two weeks and is easily made for a couple of pounds. The book is intended for fussy/poorly dogs and worth buying, there are lots of other complete food recipes plus treats, biscuits etc its called Dinner for dogs and is by Henrietta Morrison of lilly's kitchen.

Last edited by Pussygalore; 16-08-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #18
filardimarg2
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to filardimarg2

I forgot to say, I give Kiera fish, any white fish will do, just not the smoked sort, you can get it in the frozen blocks, also raw eggs, just beat them up a bit, kiera loves both.

Marg.

Testudo Hermanni Hermanni...Flo, Dotty & Daisy, all December 2010.
German Shepherd Dog...Kiera.
filardimarg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #19
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
I buy the natures menu as in the picture for Milo, it comes in small frozen cubes so you can just defrost what you want, its about the only food that Milo will eat and I get it from Pets at home. One thing though like all fresh/raw foods once thawed and on the floor it will only stay fresh for a couple of hours, I also put his in the microwave for 10 secs if from the fridge or feed at room temp, I just thaw enough for the next meal ie 3 cubes for breakfast and 3 for tea, they aren't very big but it does say a suggested amount on the bag. Milo doesn't like the Tripe one but does the lamb and chicken variety's. I also have the Lilly's Kitchen cooking for dogs book and that has some easy recipes if you want to cook yourself, the meat loaf is very good value and works out cheaper than buying dog food, its basically mince, chicken livers and grated carrot, potatoe and I added some parsnip, oatmeal can be added, its all mixed together after cooking the livers ( I boil them) and use my food processor. Then the mix is cooked in the oven for about 1 hour, I get two of the tinfoil containers of meatloaf and when cold slice it into portions, then freeze, I find freezing in individual bags stops it sticking together, and that amount will last Milo about two weeks and is easily made for a couple of pounds. The book is intended for fussy/poorly dogs and worth buying, there are lots of other complete food recipes plus treats, biscuits etc its called Dinner for dogs and is by Henrietta Morrison of lilly's kitchen.
That sounds like a great book PG, I'll have to look into buying it. Thanks for the advice.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 16-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #20
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by filardimarg2 View Post
I forgot to say, I give Kiera fish, any white fish will do, just not the smoked sort, you can get it in the frozen blocks, also raw eggs, just beat them up a bit, kiera loves both.

Marg.
I give Teddy scrambled egg sometimes, never tried raw egg. I always have loads of eggs from my hens so I could try Teddy with some. How often do you give them to Kiera?
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband