Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 21-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #11
bruceleetortoise

i only had my license a month and got caught going through a red light - wasnt my fault though!!!, was overtaking a bus and he pulled out and almost hit me so i had to swerve to the right to avoid being crushed by a bus, then cos i swerved i could have had a collision with oncoming traffic, so i sped up to get in front of the bus, and right as i got to the front of the bus the lights changed to red and i didnt have time or space to stop, got my picture taken, anyway i got one of them letters, and long story short i got 60 fine and 3 points!!

Quote:
if you pay the amount quickly once asked

there is a slight reduction in price
no thats only with parking tickets, ive had one of them too, but thats another story!!!
Old 21-06-2007, 12:49 PM   #12
KayMarie
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to KayMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
sorry all I,m very good I can,t afford the fines
This is exactly how i look at it. I physically cannot afford the fines, so i stick to the speed limits rigorously! Besides - I'm still on first 2 year probation because i've only been pass under a year, so i would have my license taken off me!
KayMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 12:52 PM   #13
JOHARRY
Egg

I once got stopped for going too slow. Now that is embarrassing!
JOHARRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #14
Pussygalore
Adult

Kay marie don,t think I,m an old fuddyduddy but the 1st 2 years are the most likely to have an accident so driving carefully and responsibly during those years is the best thing you can do, your insurance premmiums will go down and you will have the road experience you need to keep safe, my cousin lost her only son when he was just 18 he was killed outright and the passengers were all injured but survived, my daughter was in with a young driver when she was a teenager, he turned the car over several times on a bend the car was a right off but luckily they all walked away, having personally seen the consequences of young drivers I have double reasons to drive more slowely and carefully I wouldn,t want to take someone else life or have my family go through that loss. I think everyone should drive slower and take more care leave earlier if you have to be somewhere at a certain time those few extra minutes can make all the difference.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #15
bruceleetortoise

im still on probation as well, i have 3 points, and after i got them i was driving like miss daisy, i stick to all the speed limits!, in fact last week because i was only doing 40 another car overtook me and gave me the dirtiest look, obviously didnt like the fact i was being good!!
Old 21-06-2007, 01:23 PM   #16
kaz9t9
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kaz9t9

i only have 4 months left on probabtion and no points yet (although i have had one parking fine )
Old 21-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #17
KayMarie
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to KayMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
Kay marie don,t think I,m an old fuddyduddy but the 1st 2 years are the most likely to have an accident so driving carefully and responsibly during those years is the best thing you can do
I don't think you're being a fuddy duddy at all. I have lost friends to car crashes so i understand. Mine and my boyfriends cars are put on track when we want to have fun. Controlled environment, quarter mile and track days are the best way to go if you like your cars and you also like having a license

I did however nearly die yesterday trying to jump start a car
KayMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #18
dizzywend
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to dizzywend

My dad got caught by a road camera last year.
He got offered the chance to go on a one day "speed awareness" course - if he did it it either reduced his points or his fine.
I can check for you if you want!

Wendy
dizzywend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 03:23 PM   #19
nina
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzywend
My dad got caught by a road camera last year.
He got offered the chance to go on a one day "speed awareness" course - if he did it it either reduced his points or his fine.
I can check for you if you want!

Wendy
I had that happen, Wendy. I got caught for going 32 mph in a 30mph zone and was offered the 'speed awareness' course. You only get offered it if you are less than about five miles over the speed limit, and you have to pay the fine but you don't get any points on your licence. When I did the course the first thing the Instructor said was, 'Look around you - does this group look different from what you expected?' We were all in our 30s or middle aged, and we said, 'Yes, there are no boy racers.' He said, 'Right - no boy racers. That's because they tend to go way over the speed limit and therefore they don't get offered the option of the course. It wasn't a bad course, and at least I didn't get the points on my licence.
Old 21-06-2007, 04:01 PM   #20
niamherrity
Adult

The points system has been introduced here in ireland in the last year. I think it's a great idea it seems to be the only thing that works,being a nurse, I have seen more car accidents then I ever wanted to see,

I have also been on the other side as steven my partner spent 3 weeks on a life support machine and 6 weeks recovering in hospital all down to him being a little late for work and driving way to fast he flipped the car several times and had to be cut out of it, he is lucky to be alive, even now his short term memory has been affected. I will never forget those 8 weeks it was hell.

his memory is only affected when the house needs tidying up

I'm no angel I have been pulled over twice and gotten away with it must be my smile
niamherrity is offline   Reply With Quote