Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 30-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #1
leggy
Sub Adult

Default petition for special needs

Hi all this was posted on an AS website that im a member of. if you agree with it then please sign as every signiture counts. not able to do links im no good with the pc but will give you web address if somone can make a link then great. sorry about spelling not my strong point. http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/spectrum/
if this is wrong let me know Thanks Ali
leggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #2
Glitter

Hi Leggy

I can't open the link.
Old 30-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #3
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Changed it for you. I work in a special needs school and did a degree in special needs and must say all out children get all the care and attention that they need. I think that they way they go around statementing is wrong as you really have to fight to get one.

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
leggy
Sub Adult

thanks sarah. i was sat wondering why it dident work. My 7 year old is severly autistic and gets great care at his special school but my 9 year old has aspergers and is in mainstream. Thay try ther best but arnt aqwipt to help him. As you say you have to fight to get a statment and then somtimes there not worth the paper ther written on. I new you worked in a school but dident know it was with special needs
Old 30-01-2007, 07:17 PM   #5
aprillinda

the link is now working

ive signed
Old 30-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #6
sarah
Administrator
Adult

I have worked in special need for about a year and a half now ever since finishing my degree. In our school also we have some severly autistic children who also dont talk. My first job was working one to one with an austic child.

I do not believe in total inclusion some children simply cannot cope within a mainstream setting at all. Can you not fight to get him out of mainstream its such a shame.

At my old school we had a aspergers child come to us, he was all bent over like an old man and would not talk. Simply because of the bad time he had at mainstream. When he is at home he runs around and shouts like other children. School is just a nighmare to him. he is getting better in a special school.

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
Old 30-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #7
leggy
Sub Adult

wher i live thay wont hear of it. He was in a special school but thay would not let him stay as academicly he is bright. I was told that if i dident let him be slowly itigrated then his place would no longer be open to him at the end of term in the special school. we are still fighting
Old 30-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #8
yam yam
Sub Adult

i have signed it

0.0.1 Testudo hermanni
yam yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007, 09:59 AM   #9
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Thats shocking Leggy. But what if he goes down hill from being in mainstream are they going to take responsibility?

TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
Old 31-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #10
leggy
Sub Adult

I dont think so. I have told them that i will home educate him if it comes to it.