Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 27-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #101
Tr@cey
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
Well at least you are being honest. I am not a MJ fan by the way, in fact I think his songs are rank but I did think when I read your joke, oh dear a lot of people won't be liking that at all.

You say you poked fun at the death of Diana but are you comfortable with a joke about a little girl who went missing in Portugal? I feel sick at the thought of there being such a thing as a joke about that but there are people out there who find it funny

I had a similar conversation with my husband yesterday. We were discussing that, when, some celebs die the jokes come thick and fast, yet for others there are none. Regarding the missing child, I have never recieved or sent a joke about her. There are no documented rules about who we can make jokes about and who we can't, it just seems to happen that way. My guess is that it's to do with losing public repsect.
Tr@cey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #102
Tr@cey
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by stells View Post
I don't think i aimed the post at one specific person

but

Just because you don't understand it does that mean you have to diss people that do understand those feelings
It is quite claer that I am the only person on this thread who it could really be aimed at.

Who have I dissed?
Old 27-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #103
Pussygalore
Adult

the place for posting jokes of a sensitive nature as far as I concerned is in the over 18's.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #104
Tr@cey
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by stells View Post
Anybody who has mentioned that they loved him...

Other people have posted on this thread that my post could be aimed at...

Maybe you are just reading responces to your posts... you did say you were bowing out of this thread quite a few posts back... its getting to look like you just want to bait people..
I have not dissed anyone, I have merely stated that I do not understand that one can love someone they have never met. I don't want to bait people, I am only replying to comments.

In fact the worst thing I have done on here is to insinuate that people are uptight. For that I am sorry, I had not realized that there were so many devoted MJ fans on here.

As has already been said, many respected him many didn't, I'm one of the latter, it's hardly the crime of the century.

I am really out of here now and I hope in the nicest possible way that everyones grieving is shortlived.

Old 27-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #105
Lou
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to Lou

oh my god tracey, ... Stells thread was aimed at not only you but other people... if you read the previous comments to hers you'll realise that.

I can honestly not believed you openly admitted to telling jokes about Princess Diana... I mean, seriously... is there something wrong with you? I very much hope you do not suffer the loss of someone and that people you don't know poke fun at it...

Please toddle off to your other forum of sicko's who like to joke about the dead... I am sure you're mental ability to be totally unconpassionate will be more accepted there.

Michael Jacksons music has in some way been part of millions of peoples lives... his songs and the way he has influenced music is something that will go down in history.

The fact he has had mental issues is because "people" demanded more and more of him. He has lead no sense of normal life and his entire time on earth has been documented , people have pulled and pushed him in every way possible and then taken advantage of him . If any of the stories about him were true, what kind of parent would accept money to sweep child abuse under the carpet? seriously? If you had asked me about this before he died. I would of said the same thing... I have always had the upmost respect for him and his music..

Like Stells said... I think I'm more of a fan than I realised..

Horsfield: 1.0.2 Walter / Izzy / Tilly
Redfoot : 1.3.0 Ruby / Scarlet / Merlot / Ginger
Goldfish : 0:0:1 Splodge
Bearded Dragon : 0:1:0 Zuki
Springer Spaniel : 1:0:0 Bailey
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #106
Paulg1
Adult

Kelly I see your point about the millions that did admire him in life but you must admit like so many times alot of people who would have called him a child molester or wako jako are coming out in droves to say what a great man he was. I see this all the time even with just regular people. There is just a fakeness to it all that disturbs me. I'm not saying that people shouldn't respect the dead, far from it. It's a part of human nature that I've never understood.

"Stop the world, I want to get off!"
Paulg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #107
lindso3000
Adult

Send a message via MSN to lindso3000

I cant actually believe what has happened to this thread
I posted at the beginning about MJs death and its all spiralled out of control!!

Im SOOOO sick of receiveing/ hearing jokes about MJs death. It is so depressing that people can be like this.

And Tracey im sure youl have a great time on your other forum with a great SOH, maybe its where you belong.
Old 27-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #108
Paulg1
Adult

if I gave that impression that everyone was that way I didn't mean it to sound that way. and the way everything worked out about the so called allegations is what made me think it was simply extortion and not true. unfortuneately whenever someone accuses someone of things like this no matter what the outcome, the stigma never goes away.

"Stop the world, I want to get off!"
Paulg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #109
linda
Adult

this thread has understandably
hit many emotional nerves

however

all members should refrain from personal insult

opinions facts thoughts etc are fine

INSULTS ARE NOT
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #110
Valerie
Hatched

Sure it's never been proved that MJ mistreated any children but it's also never been disproved either. If he didn't do it why the £20 million payoff to his parents to drop the case?

I'm not a fan of MJ and I am one of those very rare people who doesn't have one single MJ song in my record collection!!! But if you are a fan of his I can imagine it must be very upsetting. I can only imagine how upset I would be if Robert Smith died.
5 fish
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote