Adult

How's Bella with her Wendy? x
Old 04-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #12
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easter Bunny View Post
How's Bella with her Wendy? x
She's OK so far. Lola? keeps going under her looking for milk. She does tell her off if she gets too much for her. Today Bella was tired and she snapped at Lola. Last night Bella got one of her bones and took it to Lola, dropped it on her head then kept pushing it toward her until she chewed it. But she wont let her touch her toys. So mixed really, it's still early days though.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #13
emma_mcraf
Adult

Do Maltese dogs need regular hair trims Wendy? I've always liked maltese, maltichons and maltipoos. I don't think I'd have one while the kids are all at home but it's something I'd definitely consider when they're all older.
They look so tiny I suppose they only need little walks for their little legs.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #14
Gordon
Adult

Very cute we will be having some puppies in a month very exited
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #15
pebsmeboy
Hatchling

So so cute Wendy. Just gorgeous. Xx

Mum to 2 beautiful Hermanns
Pebbledash and Speedy
pebsmeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #16
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Do Maltese dogs need regular hair trims Wendy? I've always liked maltese, maltichons and maltipoos. I don't think I'd have one while the kids are all at home but it's something I'd definitely consider when they're all older.
They look so tiny I suppose they only need little walks for their little legs.
I'm not really sure Emma. I suppose it depends on if you want them to have the long fancy hair do or just want it as a cute little dog. We never have Teddy clipped as a Bichon, we just shave him when he gets too long in the summer, we bought a Wahl clipper when he was a puppy. Jodie takes Bella to a groomer twice a year but only because Bella is a sod to groom.
Teddy used to like walks when he was younger but he couldn't go very far, he would lay down and refuse to walk so we had to pick him up. A good run round the garden these days is enough for him, hence why we bought the pushchair.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 05-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
I'm not really sure Emma. I suppose it depends on if you want them to have the long fancy hair do or just want it as a cute little dog. We never have Teddy clipped as a Bichon, we just shave him when he gets too long in the summer, we bought a Wahl clipper when he was a puppy. Jodie takes Bella to a groomer twice a year but only because Bella is a sod to groom.
Teddy used to like walks when he was younger but he couldn't go very far, he would lay down and refuse to walk so we had to pick him up. A good run round the garden these days is enough for him, hence why we bought the pushchair.
That sounds good then as I couldn't be doing with needing to pay out for monthly trims. I think a smaller dog would suit me as I'd never cope with needing to take a larger dog out for walks a couple of times a day. It's all pie-in-the-sky at the moment though.....maybe one day.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 05-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #18
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
That sounds good then as I couldn't be doing with needing to pay out for monthly trims. I think a smaller dog would suit me as I'd never cope with needing to take a larger dog out for walks a couple of times a day. It's all pie-in-the-sky at the moment though.....maybe one day.
Gary asked me if I wanted a puppy yesterday. I said no, even though I would love one. I don't think it would be fair on Teddy. He is good with Jodie's dogs but they annoy him, he tries to keep out of their way when they're here. I don't think he'd like one permanently here. The other reason is, if we have another dog, when Teddy goes it will miss him and it wouldn't be fair on it. So I didn't let my heart rule my head and said no.

Why are you waiting for the kids to leave before you have a dog?
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 05-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #19
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
Gary asked me if I wanted a puppy yesterday. I said no, even though I would love one. I don't think it would be fair on Teddy. He is good with Jodie's dogs but they annoy him, he tries to keep out of their way when they're here. I don't think he'd like one permanently here. The other reason is, if we have another dog, when Teddy goes it will miss him and it wouldn't be fair on it. So I didn't let my heart rule my head and said no.

Why are you waiting for the kids to leave before you have a dog?
I'd be worried one of them would be stepping on it as with four of them clomping about it would be bound to happen. Also I'm so busy schooling them and running around after everyone else I don't have much time for walks. A pup would help me with the 'empty nest syndrome' too.
I'm more of an indoor than outdoor type though and wouldn't want a large dog needing long walks as it'd become a chore. A small dog would enjoy a walk around the local nature reserve and a run about the garden. Plus if hubby and I go away, we'd have four kids to call upon to have the pets. At the moment we have no one we'd trust.