Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Default NHS strike

I have gone on strike from the NHS because I'm sick of it. I had a great appointment with a superb doctor a couple of weeks ago. She promised me lots of things but first of all she said she'd get me these anasthethic patches sent to my local hospital. About three days she said but definitely inside a week. Two weeks later and another daily phone call to them and another sorry, nothing here yet. I know for a fact it wasn't her fault as I was there when she gave this other woman the details of what to do and where to send it.

I have enquired further and was told she (the doc) has been off sick for a week. I said that is irrelevant as it was all dealt with one week prior to that. They are looking into what has gone wrong

I've actually been on strike for a while, I'm supposed to get bloods done every 2 weeks just now and I've not been to get it done for 8 weeks. I'm waiting to see how long I will go without getting it done before they realise, probably never but if they do I will tell them to stick their blood tests up their back passage. I will refuse to get them done until they stop being so useless. End of rant.

that reminds me of an old joke.. A guy goes to the doctor with piles, the doc says put one of these suppositories in your back passage every night and come back in 2 weeks. 2 weeks later he goes back to the doc and the doc says how did you get on? the guy says to be honest doc, for all the good they have done I'd have been just as well sticking them up my arse
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
Beverley
Adult

Alan, I think you will have a long wait as well !!
I don't blame you for going on strike but don't let you health suffer just because they are incompetent.
Good joke by the way
Old 12-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
wigwamman
Juvenile

hey alan,have you ever thought that they might be telling you what you want to hear!
wigwamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

Oh Alan. I agree that to miss regular blood tests can put your health at risk especially if on tablets. Use the PM I sent you if you need it.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigwamman View Post
hey alan,have you ever thought that they might be telling you what you want to hear!
I don't usually take anything they say seriously now but I really think this woman is genuine, she's the only one in 30 years that has offered to help. She has given me a list of things they will try and they are going to try them all. I had a meeting with her that lasted about an hour and 40 minutes which is about an hour and 35 minutes more than any other I've ever had.

Someone phoned me again at teatime though to say that even though they know that I've to be sent this stuff she still has to authorise it before it goes out and it now won't be this week or next because she will be off at least that long and maybe longer. They said that no one else can authorise it and I don't believe that part.

The blood tests are unrelated to the above, they are for my crohns and to do with blood count for azathioprine use. I don't care if I get ill to be honest, had enough of them
Old 20-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I now have my anasthetic at least. 4 hours on and nothing happening though. I've had someone on the phone explaining it all though, impressed at least with that department
Old 28-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #7
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Well my strike paid off eventually. they spotted I hadn't been in to get bloods done and I told them why. now I've got the appointment I wanted, I had the option of a 'fit you in now' or a scheduled one in 6 months. I took the latter as the former would be a 2 minute job i told them
Old 28-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #8
yuna1971
Adult

Nice one Al, they better keep their word.....or I will be down there!

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 08:47 AM   #9
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

Good for you alan x