Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 15-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #11
Bride2b
Sub Adult

Hi

Brilliant year for me I started the year with 2 little torts and my tort family has grown to 6 ,finding this site has also been very informative.
I hope evryone else has had a great year.
Old 15-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #12
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

Not such a good year for me, had no torts but have had a few snakes given to me in poor health and managed to get them better, but due to the weather breeding has been crap overall, and only half of my eggs hatched.
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 03:26 PM   #13
Jason1
Hatched

My year has had highs and lows. Mine started off the year indoors on a tort table then I moved them outside into a small old raised pond (empty of course). In the meantime I completed there main enclosure and it has been great seeing them in there and the difference in them to being inside and being in a small enclosure. Unfortunately I lost my smallest tort titch a few months back. Not sure went wrong but she went down hill quickly she stopped eating and her tongue turned almost white it all happened very quickly after three days of not eating I brought her inside and after a further three days she passed on. On a brighter note I did purchase two more hermans about six weeks ago. Lovely shells and they have settled in very well. Mine are all still young so eggs are a good few years off yet.

Jason
Jason1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2007, 02:07 AM   #14
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

I've had a great year with the tortoises this year. I've paired up single animals and added a couple of new subspecies. I've had a great year with eggs, which isn't stopping, and hatchlings. I've bred some new species and subspecies, for me, this year. Hopefully next year will be just as good.

Danny
Old 16-10-2007, 02:31 AM   #15
HermanniChris23
Hatchling

A great year for me as well I bred several species I never have before and managed to establish healthy breeding colonies with quite a few animals. I also was able to get my hands on animals I never thought I would!! I even successfully bred my absolute favorites the Italian Tortoises, Testudo hermanni hermanni, and they're not stopping either...just got more eggs! Same with the turtles, they produced wonderfully and this year was full of robust, and active little hatchlings. Probably my best year to date. 8)

VISIT MY SITES:
WWW.HERMANNIHAVEN.COM

WWW.GARDENSTATETORTOISE.COM
HermanniChris23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2007, 07:27 PM   #16
LAURA
Egg

thank you all on the shelled warriors website
you have all made a fantastic end to our year
sherman shelly and shermaine are all so happy now
they have a better diet and a fantastic tortoise table
and its all thanks to you xx
Old 16-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #17
tortoiseboy
Sub Adult

I got my two little hermanns and already have bigplans for them. i was just wondering does the forum sort of shut down during the winter?
tortoiseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2007, 08:26 PM   #18
Dazza
Adult

yeah we all hibernate at the end of november until march...

No it ramps up and is as busy as ever all the torts are tucked away so we look forward to spring

Dazza
Dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #19
tortoiseboy
Sub Adult

you talk about them behind there back
tortoiseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #20
DAISY
Adult

Its been a great year for me on the tortoise front. After waiting 10 years since the arrival of my 1st Horsfield Daisy I have 2 new baby additions who are absolutely beautiful. The hours I have lost just watching them when I should have been doing housework. And I could possibly have some more additions before the end of the year.

Rach

Mum to 12 horsfields, 2 redfoots, 2 spur-thighed, 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 guinea pig, 3 chipmunks, 3 african pygmy hedgehogs, 4 bearded dragons, 1 goldfish. 2 daughters and 1 husband.
DAISY is offline   Reply With Quote