Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 19-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
Easter Bunny
Adult

Default Statins

Has anyone had to take Statins? If so how did you get on with them?

My husband is having leg cramps..He is on 80mg a day which I think is very high x
Old 19-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
Lisamn
Hatchling

Do you know exactly which statin he's on Lynne? That will make a difference when considering the dose. He's got them for cramps? I thought they were used to reduce cholesterol. X

Sorry, had a very dim moment there! Obviously you mean you think the statins are causing the cramps

Last edited by Lisamn; 19-04-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Lisamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
emma_mcraf
Adult

A friend of mine had to come off her statins because she couldn't cope with her muscle cramps and general aches. She just didnt feel clear-headed or comfotable while on them. However my dad has been on them for 21 years and has been fine. Can the doctor give Tony anything to help the leg cramps?

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
Pussygalore
Adult

I couldn't take them and I tried several different ones they made me feel like 'crap' putting it bluntly, weak muscles, head aches, upset tum, unable to sleep. The benefits weren't worth the side effects at least not to me, do some research as they now think that the cholesterol levels aren't as bad for you, I'm sure doctors get paid for dishing out everything.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
nickhutch
Egg

I have Atorvastatin,i had cramps for 3 weeks then they went away,,i have no option but to take statins as i have coronary heart disease my high cholesterol levels are genetic so food will not control my cholesterol,my levels have gone from 5.6 down to 2 on the statins,,i did have a massive heart attack 3 years ago tho and my heart is now 75% damaged,,if you can tollorate the cramps until they subside then may be worth it,,i wish i had taken them earlier.
nickhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
Easter Bunny
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhutch View Post
I have Atorvastatin,i had cramps for 3 weeks then they went away,,i have no option but to take statins as i have coronary heart disease my high cholesterol levels are genetic so food will not control my cholesterol,my levels have gone from 5.6 down to 2 on the statins,,i did have a massive heart attack 3 years ago tho and my heart is now 75% damaged,,if you can tollorate the cramps until they subside then may be worth it,,i wish i had taken them earlier.

My husband is on Atorvastin too He had a heart attack 6 weeks ago due to blood clots in the main artery.. His cholesterol is good 4.5
I've just read so much bad stuff about them which frightens me.

Glad to hear your ok now x
Old 21-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
Philbro
Egg

several people i know who were on statins stopped taking them because the side effects were awful
Philbro is offline   Reply With Quote