Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 24-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #11
Cre
Incubating

Hmmm, we have a small box of meal worms and small box of crickets in the kitchen eeewwwww. They are to feed a new oscar fish we have just got!!
The day out at a rep show sounds a brilliant idea...problem is we would come home with loads of new pets ha ha ha, will def look it up though, sounds right up our street!
Old 24-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #12
michelle g
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre View Post
Hmmm, we have a small box of meal worms and small box of crickets in the kitchen eeewwwww. They are to feed a new oscar fish we have just got!!
The day out at a rep show sounds a brilliant idea...problem is we would come home with loads of new pets ha ha ha, will def look it up though, sounds right up our street!
You do get used to them....I made my boyfriend feed our first leopard gecko for the first few weeks I was so scared. Now afew years on I just get my hand in there and pick the food out instead of messing with tweezers. You just kind of become immune and realise they cant hurt you.
I currently have locusts, morioworms, mealworms, waxworms and crickets living in my cupboard for my little zoo!

The shows are cash only so budget yourself, they can be very tempting!! x

1.0.0 Leopard Gecko Mylo

1.0.0 Royal Python Napolean

1.1.0 Poochies Bailey Shar pei/lab & Tia Whippet
michelle g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #13
Herpard
Adult

Personally I wouldn't go for a Corn Snake.

A few of My family members have had them and they have been very aggressive.We had one a few years ago too and it was always biting,Hissing & rattling it's tail at us, In the end we had to rehome it as we couldn't even feed it without wearing heavy Duty Gloves.
Herpard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #14
kreacher
Sub Adult

I would have to agree also not to go for a corn!
We have so many come in to work that are nasty little things, which is why people give them up all the time
We have two royals, a six year old and an eighteen month old...my daughter who is nine handles the adult male absolutely fine and my son handles the baby all the time. Our adult has grown up with my daughter so the snake is perfectly comforatable with her. They are always supervised of course but I would trust either of them completely the adult is four and a half foot and just over twelve hundred grams so a big snake and she has no probls with him. He's very gentle and doesn't move quickly like kings and corns.
kreacher is offline   Reply With Quote