Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #21
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
The tortoise is about 4 to 5 inches... the flare is just beginning at that size. If it is a female the flare is even less pronounced.
I only said possibly, as it does look a bit tight around the legs, on my adult female the flare is no less pronounced than the male. And am I missing something here about good husbandry!!! Why do we all strive for good husbandry if not for good shell growth as well as health.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Old 03-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #22
NATURALIS
Adult

Quote:
Honestly... if you look at the margins of the scutes you can see where you changed your husbandry to where the margins are growing irregularly... aka... poorly... I'm just saying.
Ok if you say so it must be so

Last edited by NATURALIS; 03-04-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #23
EJ
Adult

I have to admit the photo is quite clear. It really doesn't matter if you can see it or not. This is a perfect demonstration of your objectivity and any keeper should take note of this when reading your opinions... in addition to the frequent snipes you seem to enjoy taking at people regardless if they are new keepers or experienced ones. I guess you are fair in that aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATURALIS View Post
Ok if you say so it must be so
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
Old 03-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #24
NATURALIS
Adult

Quote:
I have to admit the photo is quite clear. It really doesn't matter if you can see it or not. This is a perfect demonstration of your objectivity and any keeper should take note of this when reading your opinions... in addition to the frequent snipes you seem to enjoy taking at people regardless if they are new keepers or experienced ones. I guess you are fair in that aspect.
To the op , i commented on this thread to offer advice ( not to snipe ) so do with it as you see fit , do your own research make up your own mind there's plenty of info on MBD in tortoise's on the web .
Hope this help's you .
Old 03-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #25
ONielsen
Hatched

Ladies and Gentlemen !

In the red corner ...."Snipermaaaaan" (?)

aaand in the blue corner ....

" Mr. Megalomaniaaaaaaaaa" (!)

Lets get reday to rumbleeeeeee..

ON
Old 03-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #26
EJ
Adult

(yup... there are always some people in the group that don't seem to know how to play nice and always seem to enjoy stirring the pot)

To the op... welcome to the world of tortoise keeping.

You will see that some keepers seem to be threatened by a difference of opinion or different ideas so they resort to uncalled for behavior with the hopes of bullying people out of their perceived domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONielsen View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen !

In the red corner ...."Snipermaaaaan" (?)

aaand in the blue corner ....

" Mr. Megalomaniaaaaaaaaa" (!)

Lets get reday to rumbleeeeeee..
and
Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #27
ONielsen
Hatched

To the op ... thats true !

And maybe thats why "some" are banned on other foras , exactly because they were getting too rude and with their narrowminded , outburned , outdated and very often homemade theories , apparently made from a chair .....dictated the world of tortoise husbundry and offcourse that scared away people.

Sad its becomming like this here (again) ...

Quote:
(yup... there are always some people in the group that don't seem to know how to play nice and always seem to enjoy stirring the pot)

You will see that some keepers seem to be threatened by a difference of opinion or different ideas so they resort to uncalled for behavior with the hopes of bullying people out of their perceived domain.

ON
Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #28
EJ
Adult

Wow... Sorry O... not going anywhere... unless I'm banned again. I'd like to thank certain people for reason to start posting again.

Tortoise keeping is not a cookie cutter hobby. There is no set way for keeping tortoises. There are so many options and not one single 'right' way to keep tortoises.

Damn the progressive thinkers...

ummm... surely you are not implying I'm narrow minded. Have you ever seen me use the words 'must'... 'have to'... 'vill'... outside of the basic needs of keeping tortoises... I don't think I'm narrow minded... or rude... for the most part.

Back to the point... To the op... the development is not ideal but I don't see a cause for concern. The main points to focus on is the heat and hydration. It looks like the nutrition is good from the pictured development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONielsen View Post
To the op ... thats true !

And maybe thats why "some" are banned on other foras , exactly because they were getting too rude and with their narrowminded , outburned , outdated and very often homemade theories , apparently made from a chair .....dictated the world of tortoise husbundry and offcourse that scared away people.

Sad its becomming like this here (again) ...
and

Last edited by EJ; 03-04-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #29
NATURALIS
Adult

Quote:

The only thing i will add is have you tried looking in the mirror ???
Old 03-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #30
ONielsen
Hatched

The Q here was as follows :

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliveinazoo View Post
We have 1 spur thigh and 1 Marginated tortoise, the joint between the carapace and plastron is fairly smooth on the spur thigh but not so on the Marginated and I'd like to know if I should be worried about it?
I'd be grateful if you could take a look at the pictures and give your opinions.

He seems well in himself otherwise.

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section.

Feel free to feel offended ... "some" allways do.

The Q above has been answered by several posters ...

Quote:
Wow... Sorry O... not going anywhere... unless I'm banned again. I'd like to thank certain people for reason to start posting again.

Tortoise keeping is not a cookie cutter hobby. There is no set way for keeping tortoises. There are so many options and not one single 'right' way to keep tortoises.

Damn the progressive thinkers...

ummm... surely you are not implying I'm narrow minded. Have you ever seen me use the words 'must'... 'have to'... 'vill'... outside of the basic needs of keeping tortoises... I don't think I'm narrow minded... or rude... for the most part.

Back to the point... do you not think the placement of the light in this situation is not a good idea?

ON
Closed Thread