Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 01-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #71
KatjaS
Incubating

Hi again I would never recommend something, I wouldn´t using myself..! These PreAlpin Testudo-pellets are 100% naturproduct, nothing else. And these are specially for tortoises who are 100% herbivores. This PATh-Herbs including about 60 different art of herbs, but unfortunately I can´t those plants and herbs in english.. But put it on Google so you can see and read yourself.

I know those small, coloured pellets including bad ingredients (fish, meat..), and I wouldnt never give those to my torts.. PAT-Herbs pellets are totally different.

Last edited by KatjaS; 01-03-2010 at 05:46 PM.
KatjaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #72
16 shells
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnGB View Post
ahh i think i understand why you suggest pellets. Because i feed on fresh veg at the moment, they do not contain much nutritional values, so the pellets would give that right?

Rick
I think if you look where Katjas lives, Finland, the choice to feed pellets through the winter sound's about right. There is nutrition in veg, all at different levels, to balance that you do have to know, what it contains and the values of the nutrients. The pellets have already done that. The other alternative is to feed salad greens, the popular one's are the salad mix bags in the supermarkets .
Old 01-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #73
FinnGB
Hatchling

Update on new tort table: Ordered and being made now, should have it by Monday i hope Might save the old one for something dunno
FinnGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #74
KatjaS
Incubating

Hi That´s good, that your tort gets a new table It´s not so easy to do everything in "right way" when you are starting with a new pet. Non of us hasn´t did it, I guess..!

16Shells; Oh, you are sooo right about that In this time we have allmoust 1 meter snow here, and sometimes we have VERY cold too; up to -25 celsius-degrees

I started to wondering, is it good for a tortoise to eat fresh food 12 month/year..? In nature they have dry seasons too, and in that time they eats dry and maby poor food too.

I´m giving mostly dry food in summer and middle of the winter, then in spring and around september-nowember more fresh food. I´we heard that some of tortoises are getting even diarrea(? dont know how it writes) if they eats only fresh food..?! But, offcourse, all this depence on tortoises and what specie they are..!
KatjaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #75
Horace2
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnGB View Post
Update on new tort table: Ordered and being made now, should have it by Monday i hope Might save the old one for something dunno
I to have bought a new table for Horace. I bought Horace a new table not so long ago, but I saw on E-Bay a 4 foot table split in too. So Horace will be able to go upstairs and see the stars
Horace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #76
FinnGB
Hatchling

I got this table in addition to my older smaller table
FinnGB is offline   Reply With Quote