Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 13-01-2007, 11:19 AM   #11
Glitter

Default Re: new photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel30b
just took this one of him what you think
Hi Rachel....

I think your tort looks gorgeous.... his beak maybe a little too long but as you have said eating off slate is an excellent way of keeping it trim. You can also add a piece of cuttlefish in his table and he may nibble on this from time to time (I know its not the most active way of trimming his beak but still he is eating a little something harder than weeds.)

As for the hay - Sarah advised me to blend timothy hay and add it to their weeds.... I basically fine chopped in the blender a lot of hay... keep it in a sealed tub and add it to the wet weeds on EVERY feed. They have no choice but to eat it - my eldest Leopard Jez turned his nose up at first but he got used to eat and now its second nature.

Good luck x
Old 13-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #12
rachel30b
Sub Adult

hi thanks for reply put some chopped grass on his food today and he turning his nose up at, keeps going over to his bowl (put them in bowl today) looking at them in disgust and wandering, i did see him with grass stuck out of his mouth today, so will just have to persivere with him lol
rachel30b is offline   Reply With Quote