Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 24-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
Easter Bunny
Adult

Default Look at this little man!

http://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy__sel...term=tortoises

I might be getting him, Isn't he adorable?
Old 24-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Doodle-Bug
Hatched

Very adorable
Doodle-Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
burnt toast
Adult

Very nice, cant see pics close up, taking too long to load - ive got an "Albert"!
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
BeatBeat
Hatchling

Very cute. Love his name too.

0.2.0 Testudo Hermanni Boettgeri (Matilda & Maizie)
3.0.0 Shetland Sheepdogs (Bryan, Cali & Bubble)
BeatBeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
Naturalee
Egg

Oh Lynne! Whats all this "might"? Doooo iiiiit! Lol. You know what you're doing and you have hermans already! You know he'll be well looked after with you! Just do it! Lol. PS: I love hermans and I'm quite jealous!

0.0.3 Red-footed Tortoises (Chelonoidis carbonaria)
0.0.2 Common Musk Turtles (Sternotherus odoratus)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Pogona vitticeps)
2.1.2 Crested Geckos (Rhachodactylus ciliatus)
1.1.0 Royal Pythons (Python regius)
0.0.1 Dumeril's Ground Boas (Acrantophis dumerili)
1.0.0 Egyptian Long-eared Hedgehog (Hemiechinus auritus aegyptius)
1.2.0 Pugs
Naturalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 05:45 AM   #6
Candy
Egg

Very cute and I like his name too.
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 07:57 AM   #7
Pussygalore
Adult

looks like he/she has been well looked after however you'll have to watch the pyramidding doesn't get any worse as he/she is already starting to grow badly.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #8
Easter Bunny
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
looks like he/she has been well looked after however you'll have to watch the pyramidding doesn't get any worse as he/she is already starting to grow badly.
Yes I noticed that slight pyramiding. The owner feeds him tomatoes, kale and things that I wouldn't if I got him.

I'm trying to persuade my miserable husband to let me have him. He does like tortoises but says I don't like leaving them and we go on holiday a quite a bit. ( I get stressed and will have to ring everyday)

I also would love to get a rescued one that needs a good home and a good life.
Old 25-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #9
Pussygalore
Adult

have you thought about looking on the rescue sites such as the TPG or the TT they are or used to be always looking for homes and there'd be no cost unless you donated. If you want to give an unwanted one a home that would be better than buying one, are you on RFUK as they have a good notice board. There is nothing wrong with the odd bit of Kale or tomatoe as long as they are fed as part of a much more varied diet, in fact there aren't many things that are a definate no, I think we mostly say don't feed to new owners especially as the term 'use' sparingley' is taken as feed as much as you like and often only that. At the moment my adults are having raddish leaves from the row growing in the garden and they'll have the odd squash leaf I don't beleive in throwing anything away however they also have grazing and get a good variety of weeds plus mixed salad leaves and a few pellets mind you they are adults not growing youngsters. Pyramidding isn't only caused by the wrong diet and its been discussed on the forum in many threads.

Last edited by Pussygalore; 25-06-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
Petrus
Banned
Juvenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
have you thought about looking on the rescue sites such as the TPG or the TT they are or used to be always looking for homes and there'd be no cost unless you donated. If you want to give an unwanted one a home that would be better than buying one, are you on RFUK as they have a good notice board. There is nothing wrong with the odd bit of Kale or tomatoe as long as they are fed as part of a much more varied diet, in fact there aren't many things that are a definate no, I think we mostly say don't feed to new owners especially as the term 'use' sparingley' is taken as feed as much as you like and often only that. At the moment my adults are having raddish leaves from the row growing in the garden and they'll have the odd squash leaf I don't beleive in throwing anything away however they also have grazing and get a good variety of weeds plus mixed salad leaves and a few pellets mind you they are adults not growing youngsters. Pyramidding isn't only caused by the wrong diet and its been discussed on the forum in many threads.
A very good post indeed. High fibre, low protein is a rule - but everything in moderation! I'd be much more interested in sorting substrate, humidity, hydration and temperature.
Petrus is offline   Reply With Quote