Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Feedback/Suggestions/Problems

Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #51
Watermelon
Adult

Whats the difference for logging into the chat? You just have to further log in again and it opens a new window but everyone cant see it?

Sorry I don't know what it used to be like.
Old 19-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #52
Lowe
Administrator
Juvenile

There are other means and ways of discussing private things. The point is, I don't want it on here. If you've not got something nice to say, then here isn't the place to say it.

The old chat was just an IRC room within the main page. It was unreliable, we had no ownership over it and it wasn't integrated in the forums page.
______ ____ __ _ __ _ / __/ / ___ / / /___ ___/ / | | /| / /___ _________(_)___ _______ _\ \/ _ | -_) / // -_) _ / | |/ |/ // _ `/ __/ __/ // _ \/ __(_-< /___/_//_|__/_/_/ \__/\_,_/ |__/|__/ \_,_/_/ /_/ /_/ \___/_/ /___/ Shelled Warriors Shop - for all your reptile needs!
Old 19-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #53
alley cat
Adult

Please just get it sorted, I only joined a few days ago and so far it hasn't been that enjoyable an experience. Tortoises are the reason I joined. Tortoise info, pics etc are what I want to read about and see!!
Old 19-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #54
Lowe
Administrator
Juvenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley cat View Post
Please just get it sorted, I only joined a few days ago and so far it hasn't been that enjoyable an experience. Tortoises are the reason I joined. Tortoise info, pics etc are what I want to read about and see!!
This is why SW exists - for people such as yourself. However, sadly a few members egos are getting in the way.
______ ____ __ _ __ _ / __/ / ___ / / /___ ___/ / | | /| / /___ _________(_)___ _______ _\ \/ _ | -_) / // -_) _ / | |/ |/ // _ `/ __/ __/ // _ \/ __(_-< /___/_//_|__/_/_/ \__/\_,_/ |__/|__/ \_,_/_/ /_/ /_/ \___/_/ /___/ Shelled Warriors Shop - for all your reptile needs!
Old 19-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #55
Watermelon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by squamata View Post
All pretty sad, I am now convinced forums are a huge waste of my time and energy.
Starting to think the same.
Old 19-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #56
Lowe
Administrator
Juvenile

Watermelon, what would you have me do? Sit back and let people run riot or do something about it?
Old 19-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #57
burnt toast
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley cat View Post
Ditto, I think the person above has said it all perfectly. The help I was given & knowlege I have gained from this forum (& contacts I have made & kept in touch with via the pm facility) definately saved the life of one of my little torts.
Old 19-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #58
anna m
Adult

I haven't read all of this but will latter. But the way new people are jumped on sometimes is unforgivable. No matter what they say the answer should be as gentle as possible.
Old 19-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #59
gregnobes
Sub Adult

i also feel like this and i have stopped posting before when i first joint i was on here every day wanted to learn more and more and as time has gone on i dont even open this site for maybe a month or more its sad it was an amazing for now i have just given up
Old 19-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #60
Pussygalore
Adult

to anna m in an ideal world but in reality it will never happen, from what i gather most forums are the same, its not the answers that cause the problems its the 'its my way or else'. Its up to the poster to read/learn and try what they think might suit them so all different ideas need to be able to be said. We aren't dealing with children but adults who should be able to take straight forward answers, the basics are similar but there are many ways that work.
Closed Thread