Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 08-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #11
Finsky
Incubating

Brilliant!....this is going to be best Christmas EVER for him..one that he will remember LOOOOONG time to come
You might as well give in to this 'pet thing'...as long as he does look after it. It is good learning curve for him and will teach valuable lessons for future.
Denying pets can be 'fatal'..I KNOW My parents didn't fully deny pets, I had all sorts but never the sort I really really wanted...they just would not give in me having a dog With the results that since I have had my own home, I've never been without one and admittedly always preferred having a dog...or two, rather than having any kids myself.
Little did my mom and dad knew what it would do to me....
Another thing that appeared on letter for Santa, one that I never got from him...was double deck tape player.. One year there was suspicious looking large parcel under the tree...OHHH I was so excited. And when the big moment came for ripping the wrappers off.......'drum noises'.....it was SINGLE deck tape player! I had hard time trying to keep my face so that I would not look ungrateful on front of parents..err, Santa ::
Even now...YEEEEARS later I can remember that 'sting'...no dogs, no double deck tape players...
Sorry.....too much rattle again......anyway, come Christmas,I bet you will be best dad EVER!
Finsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:29 AM   #12
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

They can get injured though mind like a leg break or something, just watch out for any signs of anything different from day to day.
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:18 PM   #13
markbigears
Incubating

Finsky ... i'm allergic to fur, hence no dogs, cats, pandas, etc as pets in the houshold. As a kid i had various aquariums and small garter/dice snakes. So hoping this will start an interest in animals in general. It's so difficult these days for kids with so many electronic gadgets out there, that they forget about the wildlife. At his age, I knew all the birds and butterflies, bugs etc so now every Sunday we watch Countryfile and The Hunt together.
As for your memories, I think we have the same parents! Always remember I wanted Action Man, but my parents got me crapman instead! .... luckily for me, I had fantastic grandparents!
I could only dream of a double cassette deck though!
Old 08-12-2015, 07:24 PM   #14
Jan W
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbigears View Post
Hi Jan, unfortunately my 11 year old is a bright cookie! I think He knows there is a vivarium in there, because he's seen me go in the spare room with my screwdrivers and he can see there's a light in there! But I don't think he realises a tort is there too! The anticipation is really exciting him, knowing there's something in there but he's not allowed to peak .... I asked him tonight if he's been in the room and he put his hand on his heart and said "no". Knowing him like I do, I truly believe him. The tort thing all came about because his best friends brother has a spur thigh and he always comes out when we visit. For 2 years now, I've said no pets, but this year I lost to the wife! Oh, and I also lost on the full drum set! Going to be a crazy Christmas Day, one he's not going to forget!!!x
I'm am so excited for you all. He will never know just what you and your wife have done for him. Perhaps print off all your posts for the future. He is a very lucky boy.

I have to say, I came from a very humble background, but I always got what I wanted for Christmas, but in those days you only had one present. However, as much chocolate as you could eat too..... I always felt sick by Christmas night! We had a tradition in our family that I continue, only one chocolate before Christmas lunch and after as much as you wanted. When it was gone - that was it.
Jan W is offline   Reply With Quote