1.0.0 Russian Dwarf Hamster (Ralph)
2.0.0 Gerbils (Patch + Digger)
natstorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #12
terig
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
She wont get very big. She is a shih tzu crossed with a maltese.

I love Irish wolf hounds but they are so big I couldn't handle one and need a dog that I can pick up and bath when it needs it. Also I can't stand the hair loss so I have a dog that doesn't shed.
I dont do hair either, my dogs do moult but weimaraners are very short haired so very little and ginge is a wire vszlar and hes abit like a labradoodle which he often gets mistaken for, so he dosnt moult much either.

BUT they do stink. I bathed them the other day with doggy shampoo which smelt of coconut, hubby took them up the farm and they now STINK. Trouble is they are so big they have to get bathed outside when its warm.

Shes a beautiful puppy.
terig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #13
Easter Bunny
Adult

My Bonnie loves her baths. I have to get my son or husband to lift her in because she weighs 6 stone odd. Even though she is short haired she does leave quiye abit of hair around. I've always got it on my clothes.

A cat come in the garden once and Bonnie loved it, I was very suprised as she hasn't been brought up with cats. I fed it some of her food and she just watched it.. I was very proud of her
Old 16-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
terig
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNNEEASTER View Post
My Bonnie loves her baths. I have to get my son or husband to lift her in because she weighs 6 stone odd. Even though she is short haired she does leave quiye abit of hair around. I've always got it on my clothes.

A cat come in the garden once and Bonnie loved it, I was very suprised as she hasn't been brought up with cats. I fed it some of her food and she just watched it.. I was very proud of her
She was good. My dogs spend there day looking at the squirrels licking their lips. Henry (weimarama) wouldnt do anything as hes a woose, but ginge is a proper gun dog and he would have it.

We also have what I think is a shrew that comes out late at night and drives them absolutely mad.
terig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #15
Watermelon
Adult

I really am quite jealous I would buy a miniature schnauzer tomorrow but when i go home from uni my parents would never allow it as we have wooden floors throughout the house and my parents wouldnt want it scratched etc. They are mean Wendy!! If only you were my mum Wendy then I'd be able to get a dog.
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #16
Watermelon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
My daughter doesn't live with us so Teddy has only seen her once so far. He was really good with her but she was a bit feisty and jumping at him and biting him. He put up with it for ages until he had had enough and he had a little growl at her and she left him alone. It's the first time I've ever heard him growl at another animal but I think it's what dogs do to annoying babies to tell them off, so he was just being daddy and putting her in her place. When she gets out of the biting phase I'm sure they will get on fine, he loves playing with other dogs.
He didn't bat an eyelid when she was eating his food and even backed off when she went over to his carrot peelings while he was eating them, he loves his carrots so I was very proud of him for sharing.
Only just read this lol never mind. Would you let your daughter get a dog if she still lived with you?
Old 16-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #17
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
Only just read this lol never mind. Would you let your daughter get a dog if she still lived with you?
We want her to come home, a long story short, we don't like her boyfriend and think he is using her. So yes we would have the dog here and if she had been living here she could have had one, no problem. My husband even suggested we look after it while she's at work. After all what's one more pet when you already have 14 various animals?
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #18
Watermelon
Adult

Ah you would still let her have one.
It isnt nice knowing that someone you care for is in a relationship with someone who isnt nice, hope it works out Wendy. In my past experience, I have learned not to interfere and just let the relationship fade out as it just pushes them more together so I just keep my gob shut now.