Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Where to Buy and Bargains

Old 26-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #41
TortBabe
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverley View Post
I will email them as well, Clare, sure its just a parcel thats not that heavy . i would have liked to try one of those bulbs as well.
I want to change all my guys over from separates to Arcadia in the new year so they will lose quite a lot of business from me
Old 26-10-2010, 08:55 PM   #42
TortBabe
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
SW shop has them now at only £4 more I think
Thats not bad at all must have a look. Do you rate them Alan? I have 2 solar glos and I have to say the activity levels of the torts is remarkable since I changed from basking/compact bulbs. Much brighter light Although am not sure what UV they are giving out, I'd like to get a solar meter one of these days
Old 26-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #43
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

The two latest solarglos I've had have been poor, the UVB is simply hopeless. the arcadia is only a tenner more but in places like P @ Home, the solarglos are over £40 . if you have solarglos I would make sure they are getting D3 from nutrobal or pellets as well because they won't get a lot from the bulb. the light and the heat is good on it though so not completely hopeless. I will check the levels of both solarglo and arcadia in the next day or 2

The Arcadias haven't been going all that long so will need to see how much they drop in UVB over a period of time
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #44
TortBabe
Adult

That is scandalous Alan People buy these things thinking they are doing the best for their pets
Old 26-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #45
andybrock
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
The two latest solarglos I've had have been poor, the UVB is simply hopeless. the arcadia is only a tenner more but in places like P @ Home, the solarglos are over £40 . if you have solarglos I would make sure they are getting D3 from nutrobal or pellets as well because they won't get a lot from the bulb. the light and the heat is good on it though so not completely hopeless. I will check the levels of both solarglo and arcadia in the next day or 2

The Arcadias haven't been going all that long so will need to see how much they drop in UVB over a period of time
Cheers Al for the update.My two certainly seem livlier after been around the arcadia for a week or so.Great lamp with good temps.Had a solarglo running over the summer so hopefully Keano and Eric got plenty of UV from their outdoor run and not the lamp.
andybrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 12:20 AM   #46
Beverley
Adult

Clare I received an email from Surrey pet supplies, they do send bulbs here via courier so I have asked them how much it would cost if it's not too bad I will order one
Old 27-10-2010, 12:46 AM   #47
TortBabe
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverley View Post
Clare I received an email from Surrey pet supplies, they do send bulbs here via courier so I have asked them how much it would cost if it's not too bad I will order one
Oooh! I tried to set up an account and they wouldn't let me proceed to checkout when I put my address in