Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 15-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
kandiekisses
Egg

Default Hes gone again!!!!

I put my 2 horsefields outside in the sunshine yesterday and although they were in a cage one of them managed to escape. He did this back in January when i also posted and you all told me not to worry although it was much colder then. Problem is now though that my grass is about 3ft high and with all the rain we have had today its going to be pretty damp near the roots. My garden is massive and i am waiting for the garden team to come and strim it. Of course if they turn up now i will have to turn them away, i cant have 8 men with strimmers walking about there. Any ideas folks im searching all day to try and find him. My dogs are excellent and usually will find him right away but because they are little dogs they wont go into the long grass and stay up the top end near the house. I wont sleep until i find him.......i hope its sunny again tomorrow.......sandra
kandiekisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
Laraine
Adult

Send a message via Yahoo to Laraine

I'm afraid is down on hands and knees time, they like bushes, especially the roots, and for some reason....corners, to help them climb.
Old 15-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
DAISY
Adult

I would deffinatly look around the edges of your garden first. Before my adult horsfield has her enclosure, she had the run of the garden and she always hid herself away around the edges, or as Larraine said bushes, corners, basicly anything they can hide in or under. Good luck

Mum to 12 horsfields, 2 redfoots, 2 spur-thighed, 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 guinea pig, 3 chipmunks, 3 african pygmy hedgehogs, 4 bearded dragons, 1 goldfish. 2 daughters and 1 husband.
DAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 11:06 AM   #4
kandiekisses
Egg

Been all around the edges and bushes time and time again today but think hes probably buried himself down beacuse of all the rain. Im so worried because of how damp the ground is and hope he doesnt get poorly from it. Its still raining here and apparently we got rain again tomorrow just hope we get some sunshine soon and maybe he will start walking about. Its just that my grass is so high it really is like looking for a needle in a haystack........
kandiekisses is offline   Reply With Quote