Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Ask The Experts > Identification/Sexing.

Old 17-08-2007, 09:41 PM   #41
laine21
Hatchling

Our local RSPCA is a very busy, but quite small rescue and rehoming centre, they are often full, but staffed by some lovely people who are as helpful as they can be, they have contacts with local small rescues and will do whatever they can. If they can't take something in, because of space, they will redirect you to others who may have space. personally I have only had good experiences with the RSPCA.

4 Leopard Tortoises, 2 Baby Herman Hatchlings, 2 dogs, 1 guinea pig, 2 daughters and 1 incredibly wonderful patient partner!
laine21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #42
linda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamie Milne
Quote:
Originally Posted by laine21
At least with Tamie on the case now, she will make sure the tortoise will go to a good home.
Just waiting for the emails from the redfoot keepers .....

Tamie
im very very tempted
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 09:56 PM   #43
laine21
Hatchling

Good job this little tortoise has you to consider her best needs Molly, not everyone would do what you have done, but you knew what to do and where to go for help, on this forum and the Tortoise Trust. You may not have experience with red foots, but have been just the right person to help her. Well done you! 8)

4 Leopard Tortoises, 2 Baby Herman Hatchlings, 2 dogs, 1 guinea pig, 2 daughters and 1 incredibly wonderful patient partner!
laine21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 09:58 PM   #44
helen1
Sub Adult

Just like all animal groups/charities the RSPCA has good and bad within it I personally would like to praise the good and hope that they continue to do the work that they do. If there are bad experiences then surely we can work to change that as with pet shops. The story about the tortoise always seems to get trotted out but lets celebrate the good things, when I lived in Oxford they came out as our very adventurous cat had climbed the BIGGEST oak tree in the world in the convent grounds, they spent hrs getting her down safely and my children were reunited with their pet. In my area they ring me if they have any tort related problems and we have a good relationship, they network with other groups too. Lets encourage networking then we all benefit. Well done you with the redfoot and well done for working alongside them even though you do have reservations.
Old 17-08-2007, 10:08 PM   #45
Tamie Milne
Hatched

Sorry if I sound tetchy but enough about the RSPCA and get back to the issue of the poor tortoise that needs a home.

Please contact me (tamie.milne@btinternet.com) if you are a member of the TT and can help with the little one, she is the priority not the RSPCA.

Tamie
TT Rehoming
Tamie Milne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #46
Pussygalore
Adult

Beaver World is not far from us the other side of Sevenoaks, its a funny place, bit run down and I think the lady who lives there and runs has done for many years, its entirely funded by the £2 to get in a small shop and any money she raises or gets given, I must admit the torts, and other animals she has are kept rather old fashioned ie in glass fronted enclosures but her hearts in the right place, we had a male cockatiel from her because he,d hurt his leg and couldn,t go back in the aviary for a while, he,s now fine in our avairy with 2 lady freinds, she also had an enormous crocodile that was called Big Boy and was used in one of the early Bond films he was very old and has since died, most of the residents are up for rehoming and she asks for a donation she likes to place them else she wouldn,t be able to take in anymore, one thing of interest is that there is a really good exotic vet based near there birds and reptiles and he,s opening a weekly clinic at her place so that will be well worth knowing for the future, we often take up cages etc some from freecycle as she can always use things like that I wished I lived nearer as I,d love to volunteer a few days shes already asked me but its about 1/2 hours drive and as I don,t work can,t afford the petrol to get there, it got its name because they have some Beavers although they never put in an appearence when we,ve gone there.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #47
dizzywend
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to dizzywend

well done for giving her a temporary home!
I am sure she will find a great new home soon!

Wendy
dizzywend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #48
wizzasmum

[it got its name because they have some Beavers although they never put in an appearence when we,ve gone there.[/quote]

LOL - definately up for abuse then - maybe they should call it reptile world to be on the safe side <vbg>