Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 23-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #51
swad1000
Adult

Its got nothing to do with naming and shaming the BCG, its got to do with your personal grievance with the BCG.

This post is discussing a reported case that has appeared in the news papers.

Shelled warriors do not allow the naming of petshops etc when people have had problems/ complaints about them, unless it has been in a news paper etc.

So as to your problems with the BCG has it apperered in any papers at all?

If not shelled warriors has never allowed personall airing of grieveances, as it leaves them open to possible legal action from shops/ groups etc.

If you don't like that policy why not go elsewhere, and stop whining all the time that the forum won't allow you to take your personal grievance up on a public forum.

They're the rules of this forum so abide by them, or leave its really simple.
Old 23-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #52
yuna1971
Adult

I do agree... there comes a time when you just got to move on. And, bottom line as Carl said - the thread is about CTortoises, reported on in a newspaper. So its comments and debate about what has been printed already. xxx
I think I started a thread about the Tortoise Garden, but their story had been on their own website, and also had been in the news (re: the zoo license thing). It wasnt to say I was for or against really (though hope a solution can be found for Joy ) but just wanted to see what others thought. But....I would have blanked out the names, if it had been of a controversial nature due to any legal implications/accusations or impact on a particular hearing (if one had been due to happen). xxxx
I think you have done the right thing here, Kelly - I mean the forum is for debate but obviously some things have to be carefully scrutinised when its naming and shaming due to the other party not being able to put his/her side - and also in case they threaten some sort of slander and Court action. xxx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
Old 23-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #53
swad1000
Adult

People have expressed concerns about Carlise tortoises before and the name has always been removed.

This is discussing an issue that is in the public domain already much like the woman who put the cat in the bin, rather than a personal grievance.

Last edited by swad1000; 23-09-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 23-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #54
yuna1971
Adult

Yes, that is right Carl... xx Nuff said.

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
Old 23-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #55
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I used to go on a computer forum that was threatened with legal action because forum members were continually slagging off a well known and extremely big computer chain store. I won't say the name of it in case they trace the comments from said computer forum back to me
Old 23-09-2010, 01:39 PM   #56
boxman
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuna1971 View Post
I do agree... there comes a time when you just got to move on. And, bottom line as Carl said - the thread is about CTortoises, reported on in a newspaper. So its comments and debate about what has been printed already. xxx
I think I started a thread about the Tortoise Garden, but their story had been on their own website, and also had been in the news (re: the zoo license thing). It wasnt to say I was for or against really (though hope a solution can be found for Joy ) but just wanted to see what others thought. But....I would have blanked out the names, if it had been of a controversial nature due to any legal implications/accusations or impact on a particular hearing (if one had been due to happen). xxxx
I think you have done the right thing here, Kelly - I mean the forum is for debate but obviously some things have to be carefully scrutinised when its naming and shaming due to the other party not being able to put his/her side - and also in case they threaten some sort of slander and Court action. xxx
The BCG put their side in County Court. However, they were still found guilty of breaking common law (Contracts Act 1990) in respect to their appalling behaviour towards one of their own members. They were in Court, and LOST. FACT. Get it right.
Old 23-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #57
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box girl View Post
I take your point. I must have been very lucky.

Re naming and shaming interesting that yet again the BCG are teflon coated and are not allowed to have anything said against them. Just wait this will get deleted just like my posts last night I am sure it will not be long before the moderators remove me as a member for just making a point Oh well that is life!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swad1000 View Post
Its got nothing to do with naming and shaming the BCG, its got to do with your personal grievance with the BCG.

This post is discussing a reported case that has appeared in the news papers.

Shelled warriors do not allow the naming of petshops etc when people have had problems/ complaints about them, unless it has been in a news paper etc.

So as to your problems with the BCG has it apperered in any papers at all?

If not shelled warriors has never allowed personall airing of grieveances, as it leaves them open to possible legal action from shops/ groups etc.

If you don't like that policy why not go elsewhere, and stop whining all the time that the forum won't allow you to take your personal grievance up on a public forum.

They're the rules of this forum so abide by them, or leave its really simple.

Wise words Carl
Quote:
Originally Posted by stells View Post
Thanks Carl...

Apparently this is my fault as i took the thread down... and tbh i am sick of it... we did have complaints... not all of them were from BCG members though and tbh i couldn't care if they were... the final decision was made by us... the team at SW... for the last time...

The case is done... Boxgirl won... now its time to get over it...
As Kelly has said, it is done, it is time to get over it.

If this is injected into another thread, yes, IT WILL BE REMOVED

This has been discussed over and over again by the mods and admin team, as well as the SITE OWNERS.

If anyone cannot respect this I respectfully suggest that you make your posts on another forum with our best wishes
Old 23-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #58
linda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by stells View Post
This is boring me now...

Sorry to the majority that stayed ontopic...

Thread closed...

i would like to add all the mod team & admin team are behind kellys action
when a thread gets deleted
when a thread gets edited
when a thread gets closed

it may be done by any one of us

but i can assure you it is a team decission
Old 31-10-2010, 12:55 AM   #59
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

Lack of Paperwork Lands Tortoise Seller 24 week Suspended Sentence
October 26, 2010
TRAFFIC in Enforcement, Herpetological

Cambridge, UK, 26th October 2010 Robert Struthers, a UK-based tortoise seller, has received a 24 week suspended jail sentence after illegally selling 11 threatened tortoises without the relevant government permits. 

Struthers was also told to carry out 250 hours of unpaid work and fined GBP1,200 (USD 1,900) after he confessed at Carlisle crown court to five charges of selling tortoises without appropriate certificates and one charge of fraud. 

Struthers admitted supplying a bogus certificate to a customer who had threatened to report the lack of proper paperwork to the authorities following her purchase of two tortoises. 
Later, it emerged the certificate had been issued for a separate concern in Essex.

In the UK, exemption certificates from the Animal Welfare Agency are necessary before certain tortoise tortoises can be sold legally. They include the two species sold in this case—Spur-thighed Tortoise Testudo graeca and Marginated Tortoise T. marginata. 

Judge Peter Hughes QC, who presided over the case, noted that although the tortoises were captive-bred and properly cared for, the failure to comply with certification processes could encourage illegal trade because the authorities would be unable to determine the origins of specimens. 

He noted that while the offences were serious, had the tortoises been wild-taken, the defendant would have received a substantial term of imprisonment.

Danny