Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-12-2020, 08:28 PM   #1
Gordon
Adult

Default Christmas

Well its been a very odd and difficult year for a lot of people and I was just wondering what peoples plans for the big day will be this year.
Ours is going to be a bit sad with not having my dad about this year due to passing away earlier in the year. But with every negative there is a positive mother in law isn't coming due to both her and myself isolating. But we are going to take them a nice hot Christmas dinner and gifts at lunchtime and sit in the garden which is fine by me and saves a shed load of hassle.
I will have a little toast on Christmas eve as it will be two years ago I had my first visit to the jolly old hospital.
And the week between Christmas and the new year I with luck will be getting a nice little gift to myself being delivered.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:47 PM   #2
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well its been a very odd and difficult year for a lot of people and I was just wondering what peoples plans for the big day will be this year.
Ours is going to be a bit sad with not having my dad about this year due to passing away earlier in the year. But with every negative there is a positive mother in law isn't coming due to both her and myself isolating. But we are going to take them a nice hot Christmas dinner and gifts at lunchtime and sit in the garden which is fine by me and saves a shed load of hassle.
I will have a little toast on Christmas eve as it will be two years ago I had my first visit to the jolly old hospital.
And the week between Christmas and the new year I with luck will be getting a nice little gift to myself being delivered.
We wont be seeing grandchildren this year:0(
But it will be a much cheaper Christmas all round, as my son and husband are both humbugs:0( So I am going to miss this Christmas and hopefully have a Christmas birthday:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:39 AM   #3
tortydat
Sub Adult

We're having a very quiet time this year with just a flying visit to see grandsons open their presents and then back home for lunch. Will drink a toast to you and Melissa for a much better year next year and hope your presents live up to expectation. Best wishes to everyone for the future. xx
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #4
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
We're having a very quiet time this year with just a flying visit to see grandsons open their presents and then back home for lunch. Will drink a toast to you and Melissa for a much better year next year and hope your presents live up to expectation. Best wishes to everyone for the future. xx
We will toast you too and look forward to being able to visit the girls are so looking forward to seeing the donkeys.
As for my little presents I'm sure they will be just perfect and worth the wait.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:34 PM   #5
tortydat
Sub Adult

I think there might just be a rather long wait to see any donkeys!!!!
Old 04-12-2020, 03:47 PM   #6
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
I think there might just be a rather long wait to see any donkeys!!!!
I'm sure once we are all in the clear we will be able to visit 😊
Old 04-12-2020, 05:14 PM   #7
Yvonne G
Hatched

Same old, same old for me. Just another day. I take part in a card exchange with people on the forum I belong to, and really enjoy that. It's a treat receiving cards from all over the world. But that's as far as celebrating goes for me. I occasionally will go to my daughter's for dinner, but not always. And all this is perfectly fine for me, because I'm a total troll who lives alone under the bridge and doesn't enjoy being with people.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:09 PM   #8
emma_mcraf
Adult

Having celebrated my daughter’s 18th yesterday - turning the house into Wonderland - we’ve just started to think about getting festive and the decorations are going up tomorrow. I can’t believe how many went up halfway through November! I feel we’re almost late this year!

We’ll have our usual Christmas at home and have our big Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve as normal. Eldest son and his girlfriend will be joining us for that as our second household and they’re back for Boxing Day to raid the cheese!
As it’s a lovely long weekend my daughter’s boyfriend will potentially come and visit for a day as our third and final household, though we maintain social distancing to a point with him, but it’ll be a real novelty as he hasn’t been allowed to stay over since October and they’ve followed all restrictions and only met outside so far during work lunch breaks. We haven’t taken any chances at all with 3 out of 5 of us at home considered ‘vulnerable’.

It’ll pretty much be a normal Christmas for us to be honest with the usual food and routines.
I like to light my Yule log on the Solstice. It signals the start of the days lengthening and so more weeds coming through and plans for summer flowers to sow and grow, though I love the autumn and winter the most.

I have to get all the decorations down before NYE and have a good clean through and then I have a couple of NY decs I put up ready for a fresh new year. No visitors for NYE or NYD this year and no one out partying either so no 2:30am pick ups in Dads taxi!

Then onwards and upwards into 2021 and we have more special dates to celebrate including the first of the big wedding anniversaries. I have lost weight especially and am determined to maintain it so I can unfold my wedding dress for the first time in 25 years and try it on!
Hoping to be out of Tier 2 by then but it’ll just be us, the kids and their partners and hopefully no rule of six. We will see.

Wow Mary, your garden must be very large if donkeys are on the agenda!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:29 PM   #9
tortydat
Sub Adult

Sounds a very exciting Christmas for you all Emma despite everything and carefully thought out too have a brilliant time.

Don't worry Emma donkeys are figments of Gordon's very vivid imagination!!
Old 04-12-2020, 11:55 PM   #10
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Sounds a very exciting Christmas for you all Emma despite everything and carefully thought out too have a brilliant time.

Don't worry Emma donkeys are figments of Gordon's very vivid imagination!!
Aww, bless him!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote