Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Classifieds > Wanted

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #11
TortBabe
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen M View Post
I don't think there's anything wrong with you searching for an imported female. Or possibly looking into breeders further afield in europe? I'm sure someone on here did get T.h.hermanni's imported from a breeder, recieved great info and the prices were nowhere near as pricey as what UK breeders want for theirs. I wouldn't give up looking though. As some people have said, they've been able to aquire animals for a lot less than prices mentioned on here.

It would also be great to introduce new blood into the captive population of this subspecies in this country to ensure its longterm survival.

Helen xx
Thats something to think about, I would like to get 2more female hermannis myself...
Old 09-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #12
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareN View Post
Thats something to think about, I would like to get 2more female hermannis myself...
Me too please!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #13
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Come on Gaelle - you're French after all! Do some searching over the channel and you will find that there are lots of THH. Might not be easy to find one that you know is definitely female because to be sure you are probably looking at 3 year olds with this subspecies.

In France it is the Boetgeri which is the unusual Hermann to have. The Hermanni Hermanni are very widely bred there in captivity there although not all breeders go the official route due to the amount of papers that they need.

Look hard enough and there are definitley THH to be found over there with the right papers.