Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Classifieds > Wanted

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
spiderbaitwebs
Incubating

Send a message via MSN to spiderbaitwebs Send a message via Yahoo to spiderbaitwebs
Default Tortoise wanted cardiff

I would love a Red foot tortoise, my first choice is to rehome, but will happily take a herman or horsfeild as I would love to give one a home, one who needs a home.

Have a out door turfed run, home grown veg+[plants will of course make sure diets the right one for tortoise sepcies, fields next door full of weeds, will feed one weed based diet, have indoor and out door hiousing.
not to mention a few sneaky ones hidden in the garden XD

Have in door table with a possibility to convert a single bed into a massive table if the tortoise is to big for my current one.

Last edited by spiderbaitwebs; 10-07-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
welshlass22
Adult

Horsefields and hermans dont eat veg! a diet of flowers and weeds are best for them

Old 10-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
spiderbaitwebs
Incubating

Send a message via MSN to spiderbaitwebs Send a message via Yahoo to spiderbaitwebs
Default oohhh...

thanks for letting me know!
got plenty of weeds and guess my gerianiums and roses are gonna say bye bye XD
Old 10-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
spiderbaitwebs
Incubating

man I would love a resuce tortoise but wondering if my lack of experiance is going against me....can't I make up for it in enthusiasm? XD
Old 11-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
spiderbaitwebs
Incubating

Well so far got a single bed I have made it a tortoise table, it is not bad, got the cre...crema...the bulbs whose name I cannot spell and nice wood chips and bark hidey but guess what digidtal camera died....rest in peace camera but its all going well...
gonna have a tortoise table in my room to so will have two one read for adult one for babbie.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #6
spiderbaitwebs
Incubating

in my room I am building a tortoise table 3 foot or 1m by 38 cm 15 inches long and thin, got water down one end, got rocks and plants throughout nice and deep a foot deep and has a nice bark shelter will take pic when I can afford camera.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
spiderbaitwebs
Incubating

ordered a digital camer to photograph the work I have done hope I can get a rescue tort they seem so sweet and in need
Old 11-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
spiderbaitwebs
Incubating

seriously considering giving up, all I ever get is people telling me my encloser sizes are not big enough, I didn't realise they needed a savannah to wander round in. I madea grass run and was getting to the pooint where the tort was gonna be lose in my room with the sizes people were telling me to build!

Eventually I will be moving to a canal boat so maybe I should just give up?

Last edited by spiderbaitwebs; 11-07-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #9
linda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbaitwebs View Post
seriously considering giving up, all I ever get is people telling me my encloser sizes are not big enough, I didn't realise they needed a savannah to wander round in. I madea grass run and was getting to the pooint where the tort was gonna be lose in my room with the sizes people were telling me to build!

sorry you have confused me a bit

where has it been said

that your enclosure sizes are not big enough ????

am i missing something

the single bed size enclosure is a very good size

the other planned table
3 foot or 1m by 38 cm 15 inches
does seem a little small
to allow for a good temperature gradient
and to allow the tort space to exercise and develop good leg muscles
Old 11-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #10
spiderbaitwebs
Incubating

I had some dispariging comments from people I tried to buy one from, their house was four times the size of my grandparents and they did look down on me alot when I said I converted a single bed, its just rediculous how much space theres had I could have given up my entire garden and it wouldn't have been enough to these people.