Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Classifieds > Wanted

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #11
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplelinda View Post
and what yer all gonna do when the country is overrun with little torts, you know like it is with dogs, getting put to sleep because there is not enough homes, torts are long lived animals, whats the obsession people seem to have with breeding them
you dont get this with goldfish/hamsters ect
Its alot harder to breed a tortoise than a dog or a cat
Well for one it would stop the importation for wild caught tortoises!

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
Old 10-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #12
purplelinda

yes i agree, about stopping the import of tortoises

however my point is, breeding is not for every one, as has been proved with the number of badly bred dogs that are creating all sorts of health problems, this can not be blamed all on the KC,

i simply mused at the fact, that tortoise addiction seems so strong, that the owners are intent on breeding

this does not seem to apply to other small pets

i really would not like to see again, score upon score of tortoise all looking for a home, so that the pet shop keepers sell to anyone regardless of how they will be kept

Old 10-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #13
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Eh.. I was only kidding but at the same time there are apparently no breeders in the North East of England or in Scotland and I'd be delighted to see a few
Old 10-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #14
purplelinda

i do know you were being lighthearted and i answered, i think, in a light hearted way,

however, i am always willing to be honest in stating my views on animals, i do not mean offence, and will not take offence at someones views its called democracy

Old 08-03-2009, 12:05 AM   #15
dugy
Juvenile

hi, in regards to the north east.. i bought percy from a small petshop in north sheilds but i would not reccomend getting one from there i recon percy was caught in the wild... i was told very misleading info and to be honest percy was not in a very good condition and seemed unhappy... now he is getting better and seems very happy!!

i am thinking of starting to breed (maybe) but if anyone does come across any breeders in teh north east please contact me!! also any other tort enthuisiasts in the north east please contact me for exchange of reputable vets/shops or whatnot!
Closed Thread