Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Where to Buy and Bargains

Old 17-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
amph55
Egg

Thumbs up Locating wandering tortoise

Hi I have a mature tortoise who likes to wander in the garden when its warm enough. As we have some shrubs and bushes in the garden but the boundaries are fairly tortoise proofed, I used to often panic if I could not FIND HIM. Last year I purchased a 'Loc8tor Lite' system on line. It shows tortoises using them and this season I still find it really useful although I have changed the batteries once. I see they can be bought from AMAZON currently.
It really does help you to find your pet if he is in range, but I use sticky velcro strips to attach to his shell near his collar area, which works just fine. This means you can detach the small lite tag when he is indoors again leaving the bottom piece of velcro in place! I thought this may help someone in a similar situation if the garden is secure and safe( ie from other creatures and no poisonous plants, steps etc.) and assuming tortoise is big enough to wander about! Let me know - anyone trying it? Amph
Old 17-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
chunky
Egg

Default Detector

Hi, I used to have a dog that would seek out my torts but he died a couple of years ago and it is a bit of a nightmare finding them at times. I thought about this type of detector but how do you attach the Velcro to the tort?
chunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
finding tortoise, quick find, wandering freely