Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 22-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
Terriandlola

Unhappy Lola :'(

My dog Lola is a labrabeagle and she is 5. Shes never been ill and is very active and plays alot with my 2 pugs. I got home from work today and she was struggling to breath, walking in circles crying and very unsettled. I rushed her the vets and they said she seemed really healthy but looked like she was in shock. Gave her an injection incase she had been stung. About an hour later she went loads worse and was really yelping and wouldnt leave me alone so i rushed her 2 a diff vets (mine had closed) they said the same about her being healthy but when the vet pulled her back leg she screamed the place down thenthe vet did exactly the same again and she didnt bother. Vet said theres no swelling and shes walking fine and everything. They gave her an injection for pain and advised me 2 keep her rested.

I am really worried :'( does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Or any advice?? Shes my best friend, i love her so much! Just want her 2 get better asap!!

Xxx
Old 22-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Easter Bunny
Adult

Is she limping? And if you slightly turn her leg outwards to the side does it hurt her?

Asking these questions because my dog tore both her ligaments in her back legs ( not at the same time). They can easily do this especially if you have wooden floors x
Old 22-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
noneedforspeed
Incubating

think lynne is on my thoughts; cruicate ligaments / hip displasia can all be treated operated on . keep us up dated,
noneedforspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
pixie-egg
Sub Adult

Aw. I'm so sad for you. It is horrid when our furry friends are ill. Lola is still quite young so will be strong to fight off whatever it is.
My old dog Hudson (who my mam kept) is a cross between a collie and an actual sheep we think(he's ridiculously furry and smelly)! But he sometimes looses control of his back end. Legs and tail just go limp and immobile for a few days. I know it's different to Lola but the vets have no idea why and can't fix him. Once he's rested for a bit he's fine for a few months. Was so scary and heartbreaking when it first happened. But he's really healthy otherwise and he'll be 12 this year so it's not stopped him. We just have to move him about for a few days every few months.
I really hope Lola will be ok after some good long rest and plenty of love.
Woof and licks from my dog fezzik x
Old 22-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
Easter Bunny
Adult

Also have you checked her nails on her back leg? My dog split one of her nails, the vet missed it but I checked her over and her nail was split right in half.She did need it removed under anaesthic though x
Old 22-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
Terriandlola

Yeah checked her n no pain or swelling and shes fine walking on her lead and her face seems happy :/

The injection has made her sleepy so shes fast asleep on my bed!

I need her 2 get better! We have been through so much and i just cant imagine life without her! Shes my world xx
Old 22-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
Easter Bunny
Adult

Aww, glad she's feeling happier now. Poor thing, it's so horrible when they're ill and you don't know why and you cant help them isn't it?
Old 22-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #8
Terriandlola

Yeah, would be alot easier if she said 'mum ive got tummy ache' :/

Ill let you know how she is in the morning x
Old 23-06-2011, 09:31 AM   #9
TortBabe
Adult

Poor baby, I hope she is better this morning
Old 23-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
Terriandlola

I let her out this morning but still very doozy from the injection. Really didnt want to leave for work mums rang and said shes asleep x