Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 07-05-2007, 10:56 PM   #1
jackjordandylan
Incubating

Default Our rehomer

On Saturday, we picked up from 'Sophielady' one of her male Hermanns THB that she decided to rehome. We are extremely lucky to be given the chance to care for the little chap and would like to assure Sophie and her Mom that we will go out of our way to make sure he has a happy, healthy home with us. I am delighted that they have decided to keep their remaining tortoise and I know that they too will do everything they can to make sure that he is happy and healthy, this is evident from the research that I see Sophie has been doing over the past couple of days and also evident from the wording in the card that Sophie and her Mom gave to me when I came to pick up 'George' as we have renamed him.

He has an overgrown beak so had a go at filing it earlier, it seemed to stress him too much though so will ask the vet to trim it when I take him later this week. He is also refusing to eat his weeds but I will persevere as I understand that he will eventually back down, he does not like baths at all and really struggled to get out but Im hoping that this is something that he will become accustomed to. Apart from that Im trying not to handle him too much at the moment as I want him to settle in - Im hping tommorrow will be a bit better than today so he can go outside as I want him to get as much natural UV as he can get, I just cant wait till he backs down and accepts the weeds!

I will keep you all posted as to how he is getting on.

This is George yesterday in his outdoor enclosure - it does need a few more plants in it, but for now he seems to be enjoying it - he especially likes digging all the dirt out from the plant pots for some reason!

jackjordandylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
Eire_Ade
Super Moderator
Adult

Welcome to your new home George.

Its brilliant that Sophie lady will be able to keep up to date with his progress through your postings.

Ade

My Tortoises :- Dug (Testudo Graeca Ibera Terrestris (Syrian), Penny, JJ (JennyJack), Buttons and Gem (Testudo Graeca Ibera)
Eire_Ade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
niamherrity
Adult

Thats great news well done you and sophie. You did the right thing he looks very happy

Nice enclosure
niamherrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #4
Blaze
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to Blaze

that's fantastic! I was very happy to see this one resolved
Old 08-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #5
Pudge

love the picture
Old 08-05-2007, 07:55 PM   #6
KearasNana
Sub Adult

That's great news
Old 08-05-2007, 10:04 PM   #7
Beverley
Adult

I am sure Sophie and her mum will be glad that their tortoise has l love new home and thats a lovely pic. The little hermann will be very happy
Beverley
Beverley is offline   Reply With Quote