Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-08-2019, 09:54 PM   #201
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Ok this is getting well boring now.

Surprise surprise I have yet another infection so back on antibiotics.
The hole from the cellulitis has gone from the diameter of a pen insert to the diameter of the pen now and that happened overnight and now has a depth of 5cm in depth.
I feel like my belly is taking the Michael now and I'm more than fed up.
Have you heard anything from the hospital yet?
They bang on about superbugs becoming resistant to antibiotics and yet you’ve practically lived on them since December! Scary when you think what would they do if they couldn’t give you antibiotics isn’t it?
Really take it easy, G. We don’t want another high temperature scenario and time back in hospital. The nurses will be doing a sweepstake on which one you like best as you can’t stay away!

And don’t forget you pay your taxes, you deserve this medical care.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:27 PM   #202
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
I hate to imagine the cost of it all I know what I've not earned and the amount I have spent on travelling and parking plus food for who ever was with me.
And as for the amount of money the nhs would charge for all the treatment I've had.
And if you think of what it must cost for people who are really ill.
Gordon , you are really ill, so you deserve to be treated properly until you are better, you’ve paid your taxes. I’m sorry to hear there’s another infection, but you will get better eventually, in the mean time Christmas isn’t far away so you can start writing your Christmas cards and planning our Christmas nativity

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:02 PM   #203
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Gordon , you are really ill, so you deserve to be treated properly until you are better, you’ve paid your taxes. I’m sorry to hear there’s another infection, but you will get better eventually, in the mean time Christmas isn’t far away so you can start writing your Christmas cards and planning our Christmas nativity
Not sure on the Christmas nativity this year as I cant wear my budgie smugglers anymore due to all the scars and dips I will have on my belly.
Not even sure if i will be infection clear by then the way things are going.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:33 PM   #204
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
I hate to imagine the cost of it all I know what I've not earned and the amount I have spent on travelling and parking plus food for who ever was with me.
And as for the amount of money the nhs would charge for all the treatment I've had.
And if you think of what it must cost for people who are really ill.
Ha ! lets think now - according to the Daily Mail hospitals don't chase up foreign patients visiting the UK for the millions of £ signs owed so I wouldn't worry about a few more pence and pounds on top of an ever increasing abyss of money waste, it is were America they would just refuse to treat until the money is in....doesn't bode well for patching up your abyss but sure it'll get there.....

Cooking eggs probably only thing keeping you sane. Keep going for the Torts ! CB
Old 10-08-2019, 05:24 PM   #205
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Not sure on the Christmas nativity this year as I cant wear my budgie smugglers anymore due to all the scars and dips I will have on my belly.
Not even sure if i will be infection clear by then the way things are going.
You sound like you have as many holes as a teabag, Gordon.
Hope the extra ventilation is keeping you cool and keeping any infection-induced fever away. 😉

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 10-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #206
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
You sound like you have as many holes as a teabag, Gordon.
Hope the extra ventilation is keeping you cool and keeping any infection-induced fever away. ��
As you have now seen my little hole and have given me a good telling off I strangely feel a bit happier
So off to hospital to see what they have to say about things.
The one thing I'm dreading is that I will need another operation as the hole I showed you goes in even deeper today and has quite a cavity inside which I can only assume is not good and before you tell me off yes I did use a sterile plastic measuring thing the nurse gave me so I can monitor what it's doing over the weekend.

I'm sat here feeling sorry for myself and my youngest daughter and her friend who is staying over for a while have just bought a bucket full of frogs and toads in which has made me smile.
And also evicted one of the Burmese browns out of their tent.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:49 PM   #207
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
As you have now seen my little hole and have given me a good telling off I strangely feel a bit happier
So off to hospital to see what they have to say about things.
The one thing I'm dreading is that I will need another operation as the hole I showed you goes in even deeper today and has quite a cavity inside which I can only assume is not good and before you tell me off yes I did use a sterile plastic measuring thing the nurse gave me so I can monitor what it's doing over the weekend.

I'm sat here feeling sorry for myself and my youngest daughter and her friend who is staying over for a while have just bought a bucket full of frogs and toads in which has made me smile.
And also evicted one of the Burmese browns out of their tent.
You know, I felt happier when you called it your ‘pussy hole’. I knew what you meant but that put a smile on my face today.
I really hope you won’t need more surgery and you’re totally within your rights to ask what assurances they can offer that further surgery will not lead to more infections and more holes as the last two have.
Let’s hope they can slow the pace of this infection down quickly so the hole doesn’t get any deeper.

Lovely your daughter and her friend cheered you up. Sometimes it’s the simple things that matter - a bucket of frogs and toads and the image of them chasing out a burmese brown. I love that!

Keep plodding on. You will get there in the end. Nothing lasts for ever and this horrid little chapter will end too eventually.
Anyway, you’ve promised us you’re cooking something special. It had better not be any more infections but something shelled and with wrinkled knees.

Old 10-08-2019, 10:57 PM   #208
Gordon
Adult

Have just looked back at what I sent you and it's a good example of read before you post it should of said pus filled hole not pussy hole.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:00 PM   #209
Gordon
Adult

As for the browns we find them everywhere in the lounge and the bedroom once behind the bathroom door even.
I suppose that's the Joy's of living in a bungalow and they have free roam of the garden.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:44 PM   #210
Gordon
Adult

Well spent most of the day in hospital being prodded and poked.
I now have a very large cavity where apparently some infection must of got trapped while my surgical wound was healing and needed out hence I now have another hole that's full of infection.
The surgeon said they want to see if it will heal by itself but I will more than likely need another operation.