Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
pagan queen
Adult

Default Fuming

I'm absolutely fuming. We ordered a computer tablet thing for my daughters 18th birthday and waited for the delivery today by DPD. I was in the kitchen when I heard the van drive down the road. I walked to the window where my daughter was already, and she said, he's just turning round. He then went hurtling past our house and away into the distance. When I went out to the front door there was a note saying we weren't in etc and he would deliver tomorrow. There is no way he knocked as there wasn't time and our dog and parrots go mad when someone knocks the door.
So, I rang the company, after searching online for a phone number whereby I could actually speak to someone. The man on the phone contacted the driver and he told me the driver would meet me to hand over the parcel. I was a bit angry by now so told him I want the parcel delivered the way I had paid for it to be. He then said I would have to wait until 7.30 pm.

The driver has just delivered said parcel. I kept my cool and asked him why he hadn't knocked. He was immediately on the defensive and started getting aggressive saying he had knocked and we didn't answer. He then started saying he was self employed and paid per delivery. So I said so when you bring it back the next day you get paid anyway. He was very confrontational saying he can prove the time he knocked because he scanned the barcode and then again when he didn't get an answer. So I countered with, so you rescanned the code when you got out for the next delivery. There were holes all the way through his rant. I kept saying just give me the machine and let me sign but he just kept on verbally abusing me on my own doorstep. I told him he was talking bull**** and he shouted, "don't swear at me", so I said "don't stand on my doorstep shouting bull**** at me then" and he shouted in my face Don't shout at me, so I just shut the door in his face.

I am really angry with the whole thing and needed to rant.

Rant over, I feel much better now.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
TillyTortoise
Adult

Charming
Old 10-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
Watermelon
Adult

I feel similar Wendy but I've been ranting about bus drivers all week instead!

I just dont get it... you would never dream of treating customers like muck would you? I wouldnt... be some people do and get away with it!
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
emma_mcraf
Adult

I'd be ranting too Wendy! Thank goodness you found a phone number where you could actually talk to someone and get it delivered today.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #5
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
I'd be ranting too Wendy! Thank goodness you found a phone number where you could actually talk to someone and get it delivered today.
That's the thing Emma, Abigail is 18 and can understand. If it had been Kian, a child with Aspergers syndrome, it would have been a disaster. He might be 12 on the 29th but if it had been his present that hadn't arrived he would have gone ballistic. These people don't understand what damage they could cause.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
emma_mcraf
Adult

I fully understand. I'd have the same problem with my AS son. Problem is, even with another call to complain to the delivery company, the drivers are still going to try it on this way. It's so ignorant and selfish as they have no idea what they're delivering and who/what the item is for. Grr!!!!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
Merlin M
Adult

that is shocking in a way I am impressed you seemed to get someone decent on the phone, last time I called to complain to DPD the man on the phone had be in tears!

The worst thing with these companies is that the depots are so far away if you then have to collect it!

On the reverse of that though i got a delivery from DPD last week and the guy called to make sure he had the right building (as i live in a flat) so it seems with them they are either great or God awful!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #8
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

it's brilliant when you catch them out to be lying

I had almost exactly the same thing once with City Link but no note through the door (because the guy hadn't been anywhere near my house). I had paid for next day and on previous occasions with Ebuyer deliveries it had not arrived so was already in a rage because it was half past 4 and still no sign. I phoned them up to tell them that it had better be coming today and was told that the guy had just been at 4.25, had said to back up his story that it was a "wooden door" and there was no one in! I said it's a complete lie as I am painting my front door and no one has been near here and he would have left a card anyway. The guy said he would get the driver to come back since he was only 5 minutes away, aye, he never came and I was totally raging. Every time this happened all Ebuyer did was refund the next day delivery money so I stopped using them
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #9
ibizathetort
Adult

Ahhhh! So they are self employed! This has happened to me twice now, Vodafone use DPD for their upgrade deliveries and they kept saying 'no-one was in', trouble is they were delivering to my place of business where someone IS ALWAYS in, absolute tossers!
Hatchling Horsfield - Bora
Hatchling Horsfield - Bossa
Hatchling Horsfield - Jet

ibizathetort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #10
ibizathetort
Adult

Do you think they are paid per attempted delivery? That would make more sense wouldn't it as to why they don't even knock!
Hatchling Horsfield - Bora
Hatchling Horsfield - Bossa
Hatchling Horsfield - Jet

ibizathetort is offline   Reply With Quote