Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2020, 10:04 AM   #621
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Still sat at home with another fever my head is pulsating and I keep getting hot and cold shivers.
Probably need to go see doctor but I know she will send me straight off to hospital which I really really dont want to do as I have just had enough and not sure if I'm wanting them to carry out the operation they were talking about.
I empathise with your reticence, I really do, but headache and fever suggest an infection again, so you shouldn't sit on this because it'll only get worse.
Regarding the operation, can you ask them what will happen if you don't have it? If the answer is carrying on as you are, maybe you'll feel more reconciled to it as you can't carry on like this.
Boo! What a crap start to another week for you. Really sorry, G. xx

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:04 PM   #622
CherryBrandy
Adult

You have to project your thoughts Gordon....when I fractured my teeth in half and had to go to maxio and then hospital for extraction I just thought about the evening time when I would be back watching Toy Story, I mean educational programmes. Don't think of the 'now' with it - it helps get it over with.
I hope it all turns out ok, we are all here for you , or at least in the next county, infinity and beyond.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:28 PM   #623
Gordon
Adult

Well its Sunday again and I'm sure I cant just be a coincidence but I'm pretty sure I have another abcess growing as where one of the others was it's well painful. I went to the doctors on Wednesday and was sent to hospital to get a blood test as had been feeling good since the weekend. So the results were ok ish it did show there was a slight infection which I think is now showing itself.

Also had some very sad but happy news that my father who had been suffering with vascular dementia finally passed away in his sleep after a long time of suffering.
I'm sure some of you will find it a bit odd me saying it was happy news but he is now not suffering anymore as it was really not nice watching him go through what I can only describe as mental hell for him and everyone else as towards the end he got very rude angry and loud which was not him so rest in peace Dad. Xxxxx
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:39 PM   #624
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Well its Sunday again and I'm sure I cant just be a coincidence but I'm pretty sure I have another abcess growing as where one of the others was it's well painful. I went to the doctors on Wednesday and was sent to hospital to get a blood test as had been feeling good since the weekend. So the results were ok ish it did show there was a slight infection which I think is now showing itself.

Also had some very sad but happy news that my father who had been suffering with vascular dementia finally passed away in his sleep after a long time of suffering.
I'm sure some of you will find it a bit odd me saying it was happy news but he is now not suffering anymore as it was really not nice watching him go through what I can only describe as mental hell for him and everyone else as towards the end he got very rude angry and loud which was not him so rest in peace Dad. Xxxxx
Sorry to hear about your dad, but dementia is a really horrible thing to have. I know if my mother in law could have seen herself in the latter years of it, should would be horrified with herself. And its just as bad if not worse for the family seeing the person. And them not knowing who they are.
Try and keep positive about yourself too.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:50 PM   #625
emma_mcraf
Adult

Really hope this new infection and abscess is sorted quickly for you.
I know I’ve already expressed my sympathy for the loss of your dad, but I wanted to say again that I understand completely your feelings. I’m sure he is at peace now and you can hopefully begin to remember him as the man he was before the dementia took hold.
xxx

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 08-03-2020, 11:52 PM   #626
burnt toast
Adult

Sorry to hear about your Dad Gordon & totally get what you mean. My Mom has end stage Dimentia & is bed bound & my Dads going down hill fast with it now, but he's at the stage where he realises (he pulled me to one side last week & confided that his brain is not right, its playing tricks on him!) Very sad. Never thought either would end up like they have, so get what your saying.
Take care xx
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:28 AM   #627
Gordon
Adult

Thank you all for your kind words.
It's not been a very good year all round with me being in and out of hospital so I was unable to see him as much as I would of liked not that he would of noticed. There was one visit when I was stopped before even getting in to see him as they had some nasty bug on the ward and I was even told I wasn't allowed in when I had my super bug (esbl) so I never got to see him at the end which I'm ok with as I said goodbye when we all visited last. On top of losing my dad I lost a very dear uncle two weeks previous who was a very big part of my childhood and adult life as we spent nearly every weekend fishing along with all of his children so I have lots of good memories of all the places we went which was most of the uk .

As for me and my infections I was spot on as I have another lump (abcess) growing which was very uncomfortable last night in bed so with luck I can get through today and go straight to my consultant tomorrow afternoon. I will be taking my overnight bag as I'm sure I wont be home for a day or two depending on what they do this time which I'm hoping wont be major surgery like they said as I will be needing to stand up for dads funeral but if I can't at least I can be pushed in a wheelchair I suppose.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:18 PM   #628
emma_mcraf
Adult

Sorry to hear about your uncle as well, Gordon.
Good luck tomorrow. xxx

Old 10-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #629
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:

I am thinking of you Gordon, I prayed for my mum to be released last year and it happened so quickly they didn't have time to take her off the ward. awful bloody thing dementia but we did have some funny times. The funeral was a celebrant rather than sadness and we all had a curry afterwards.....
I am there with you Gordon in spirit. I hope you get to recover a bit better without masses of the stresses. x
Old 10-03-2020, 11:52 PM   #630
Gordon
Adult

Well I'm back in hospital awaiting on operation number eight.