Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 03-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
Jambo Jones
Egg

Thanks for all your suggestions, I will get a higher wattage bulb and see what happens. He has started eating a little, but only if I put food in front of him. I will keep you posted!! Where do you get cucumber juice from? Is it just a supermarket thing? Thanks again!!
James
Jambo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #12
Jambo Jones
Egg

Thank you all for all your advice. He has started eating now. I have raised the temperature and started putting his food in random places around the table, I will try some cucumber juice also. I can relax now I have a happy tortoise!! Cheers

Jambo
Old 10-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #13
yuna1971
Adult

You just need to grate a bit of a cucumber (with a grater) Dont aim for too much as remember - it is a fruit, so you only want to do this just to coach him into eating his new weeds. But a little drizzle, a bit of rind, and mix up with your fingers should do the trick, nice and moist. Then dust with nutrobal or your suppliment. The moisture on the leaves will make the suppliment stick so its a really good trick xx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #14
Jambo Jones
Egg

Thanks!! Good job I didn't go looking for it in Asda, I'd have been there forever ha ha.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #15
tizzydoodles
Incubating

So pleased tortie is eating now, ive just gone through it with a new baby. it is so worrying but perseverence and a lot of long warm baths definitley help. Mine started eating lambs lettuce on day 5 (that is what he was fed in the shop) but had a good chomp on dandelion leaf this morning (day 8).
tizzydoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #16
Jambo Jones
Egg

Hello tizzydoodles! I know, it is worrying but everyone who I have spoken to on here has been really helpful, glad to hear your little one has started to eat!! Mine still prefers the romaine and little gem but he eats the dandelion leaves, begrudgingly I think. I need to get a bit more variety of weed but am a bit scared of getting it wrong. Dandelion leaves are easy.

Jambo

Tags
hermann, not eating, vivarium