Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #41
JackieL
Sub Adult

No wonder he loved "Jim'll Fix It" plenty of opportunities to perv over the under-age with his partner in crime Gary Glitter... Two paedophiles together

The only thing that is bad is that if there is truth in these allegations he is not here to defend himself and I can't help but think why now?? Why now has this come out??

If there is truth in this it sure as hell makes a mockery of so many things... we sure do live in a sick society and there are some horrible people inhabiting it.
JackieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #42
JackieL
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
If this is true, this man has groomed a whole country. Jim'll fix it was mass grooming of children. Give them what they most desire in front of the whole nation. Who can possibly say a word against such a nice man? Oh how very clever he was. He invited himself into our homes every weekend and we all sat around with our parents watching, enthralled and admiring. I for one wrote a letter to him, who didn't? Thank god my mum never sent it.

That is classic pedophile behaviour. Make friends with the parents to get to the children.
I wrote in !!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #43
JackieL
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred123 View Post
Disgusting. How did people miss it with clips like that with the Nolans he was almost groping her, dirty old man. Those who knew and did nothing should be prosecuted, how can they sleep at night?
One word ignorance.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #44
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

People who had suspicion or knowledge are also victims and have to live with their guilt. Fear of not being believed, fear of being sued for libel, fear of looking silly. Fear of losing their job at the BBC. Embarrassment.

It's a small minority of people who ever report being a victim or a witness.

On a positive note, its safer to be a child today in the uk than it has ever been in the past.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #45
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieL View Post

The only thing that is bad is that if there is truth in these allegations he is not here to defend himself and I can't help but think why now?? Why now has this come out??
fear of not being believed in the past for many of them. However, it has not just come out now, there have been many accusations in the past but he used his influence and power to get out of them all.

If you look at old clips of tv programmes you can get a sense of what other celebrities thought, Have I Got News For You was often having digs at Savile and that Louis Theroux interview where Louis kept making reference to young girls.

There is an article out there on t'internet that I couldn't put on here as it would only be suitable for the over 18 forum but it's what was said on a recording of Have I Got News For You that never even made the out-takes show. It's not just a comment it's a whole page of text at least. Savile made the comment that he was feared in every girls school in the country and Paul Merton carried it on from there. Merton is always a joker on that show but on this occasion he was not joking. He told Savile in no uncertain terms what he thought of him. That was in the days when Angus Deayton was doing the show so was a few years back
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #46
ibizathetort
Adult

Just read it Alan, pretty shocking if its a honest transcript, would be amazing if Merton, Deayton or Hislop came out and confirmed
Hatchling Horsfield - Bora
Hatchling Horsfield - Bossa
Hatchling Horsfield - Jet

ibizathetort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #47
pagan queen
Adult

Whoa, that's pretty intense Alan. No doubt about what was being said there then. Seems like it was common knowledge what he was like. At least someone had the balls to confront him.
After watching last night I have no doubt that he was guilty. All the women told similar stories, without knowing each other.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #48
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

When the media breaks these stories there are always people who find it feels OK for them to say that they have had something like that happen to them. People other than those who came across Saville. So something good can come out of it.

We have mentioned Gary Glitter already. Don't forget Jonathan King, another rich and powerful man who abused children for years before he was finally convicted.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #49
pagan queen
Adult

I have also been reading about Ted Heath being mixed up in all this. I have never heard of his wrong doings before. Is it common knowledge and has he been brought to justice?
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #50
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
I have also been reading about Ted Heath being mixed up in all this. I have never heard of his wrong doings before. Is it common knowledge and has he been brought to justice?
Heath allegedly used to take young boys from that Jersey children's home (the one where the abuse went on) out for the weekend on his yacht. Savile had a connection with the Jersey home even though he tried to deny it, there was photographic evidence placing him there. There were a variety of celebs supposedly all linked via a flat above a shop in London.

Apparently more women have now come forward, maybe more than Savile will be outed
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote