Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #21
purplelinda

i can value any antiques or collectables you may wish to sell or give you some tips on other things that will sell PM me if you want some help in this dept

Old 06-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #22
YummyMummy04
Hatched

Aww Laura i am sending you big cyber (((((hugs))))) and Fluffy too. I am really cross with the boy who dropped / threw him. Have you told his parents as i would be asking them to pay or at least contribute something towards vet fees.

The newspaper article sound fab, Ebaying your old stuff (outgrown clothes, old dvds, Books, raid the loft), Car boots, Also do you use cashback sites for shopping online? There are several out there and def worth it for a few clicks of a button.

Good luck hun and if there is anything i can do please let me know X

Old 06-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #23
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Oh no, that's not good news at all, I'm not sure what the best option is
Old 06-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #24
molbags
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by alotoffluff View Post
Jackie - i would be more than happy for you to run a story!
Im sorry guys, i cant stop crying! You know what, if all my friends would just donate £1 to my paypal, i know that would help. Im trying to think what i can sell, but there isnt a lot really. Im not one for keeping things. I just throw everything away.
I sound like such a sap for crying but i keep looking at his enclosure and it upsets me.
The vet says if he has the op, he would pull through it nicely, but im just concerned about fees.
Wish i was rich!!!
Hi,

I Know how hard it is to pay vet bills, i find it real struggle on a fixed income. but i would be more than happy to donate a £1 to your pay pal to help fluffy
Old 06-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #25
Mrs Frog
Adult

Have just sent this to the sun,everyone please keep your fingers,legs and toes crossed that they can do this for Fluffy To The SUN

I am writing on behalf of a friend with her permission as she is extremely distraught

After leaving her neighbour in charge of her daughter and her friend she returned to find that the daughters friend had dropped 1 year old Fluffy a spur thighed tortoise,at first they thought there was just bruising but after he refused to eat and started limping he was taken to the vet yesterday.He has a mass in his stomach which was revealed through an xray done this morning,without this operation he will die,but after paying the bill of £140 today buy paying in weekly installments for the next 2 months,Fluffys future is no longer certain as the family do not have the £500 to pay for his life saving operation.,which could involve drilling into his shell.My friend Lauras husband has only just found a job after months of unemployment and with debts occured over this time when out of work,their priority is feeding and clothing their 3 children.
I really hope that the newspaper can help as it is a very good chance that the op will be a success and fluffy could live another 99 years or more .Laura and her family are happy to appear in your newspaper and live in London.I have their direct phone numbers and email address if you wish to speak to Laura and of course she can give you contact details of her vet treating Fluffy.Many Thanks for reading this

Jackie Stone
Old 06-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #26
CJ
Sub Adult

So sorry to hear about poor Fluffy! Are the parents of the little boy that dropped him close friends - what i mean is, are they people that you could explain to what happened and they might offer some help? Situations like that are difficult, so maybe it's not an option. Like lots of others have said, I would be happy to send a donation to your paypal account! Sending lots of hugs to you and Fluffy!
Old 06-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #27
alotoffluff
Adult

Location: greenwich, london, previously born and brought up in Kent!

oh wow, Jackie thats fab!
i am pm- ing you my numbers!
Guys, thankyou so much! If any of you want to donate, my paypal email is
lausjones1976@aol.com.
I just want my little man to be ok!
XXXX
Old 06-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #28
alotoffluff
Adult

Location: greenwich, london, previously born and brought up in Kent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
So sorry to hear about poor Fluffy! Are the parents of the little boy that dropped him close friends - what i mean is, are they people that you could explain to what happened and they might offer some help? Situations like that are difficult, so maybe it's not an option. Like lots of others have said, I would be happy to send a donation to your paypal account! Sending lots of hugs to you and Fluffy!
The parents are devestated but are on benefits so have no money. they have offered to pay half of todays fee in instalments over the next couple of weeks.
The little boy said the tortoise scared him so he threw him.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #29
trulytortoises
Hatchling

I really hope fluffy will be ok Laura, thinking of u all! its such a hard time right now too with the recession etc, I would be happy to donate for fluffy, i havnt really got much money at the mo and struggling too but i will try and help u

1.1.0- THB- williow(f) & cavalli(m)
Old 06-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #30
angels1531
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by alotoffluff View Post
oh wow, Jackie thats fab!
i am pm- ing you my numbers!
Guys, thankyou so much! If any of you want to donate, my paypal email is
lausjones1976@aol.com.
I just want my little man to be ok!
XXXX
Glad you had a think about it, Im sure lots of people will help you out. Sorry my donation could not be bigger x

You laugh at me because I am different... I laugh at you because you are all the same.

'Amazon' Hermanns tort
'Mowgli' Anery Corn
'Sahara' BCI
'Thistle' the naughty APH
'Solar' Leopard Gecko
Closed Thread