Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-05-2021, 03:32 PM   #781
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Not sure if I should dare to ask but how is everything Gordon?
I'm all ok I think.
Just had a bad reaction to my second covid jab but apart from that good.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 10:27 AM   #782
emma_mcraf
Adult

Good news then.

Hope you feel better from the jab soon. My next one is in a fortnight and I felt rough for 2 days after the first so hoping it won't be as bad, but at least I know what to expect and 2 days of feeling yuck is better than not having it.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 11:56 AM   #783
sandy
Adult

Glad things are going well Gordon:0)
I must have been lucky, I had no effects from either of my jabs:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 12:58 PM   #784
Gordon
Adult

Lucky you...
If anyone was going to have side effects it was going to be me wasn't it.
The only difference second time was the headache lasted 8 days and I couldn't hear in my left ear. There is stereo mono and I had something below mono it was horrible.
I did actually mention it to my doctor when I spoke to her the other day and she said I should of probably told them I was fresh out of hospital and they probably wouldn't of done it due to the anaesthetic and antibiotics. Oops
Old Yesterday, 01:08 AM   #785
Gordon
Adult

Default One guess where I am

Well I have been getting a lot of pain and discomfort from the hernia repair and all the twelve inch long scar across my stomach and also pain by my liver from my original operation so was referred to the weight loss clinic at gloster hospital.
The reason for this as those of you I have met know I'm not a size 30 inch waist so my stomach muscles have given way causing the bottom half of my stomach to drop quite dramatically which is causing all the pain.

So the outcome was a crash diet the a free tummy tuck later on on the NHS as the consultant was sure that the pain would still be there in the skin that's going to be left and will still have some weight to it.

So the reason I'm in hospital is the consultant wanted to have a good look down my throat into with a camera and found I also have a hiatus hernia which is why I was struggling to swallow certain foods and getting a lot of discomfort and being sick which I assumed was down to having my gallbladder out. Also I had several scans and they found there was something odd looking on my liver which turned out to be a bit of gallbladder left over which was also giving me quite a lot of pain at times.

So here I am wafling on as its 1am and I'm wide awake and bored and very sore.

I had my operation at 9.15 this morning and was in the recovery room for 1ish where I remained for 6 hours due to the worst pain I have ever experienced which they couldn't get on top of even with the maximum amount of fentanal and morphine mixed in with a load of other drugs which I can't remember as I was as high as a kite.

I'm now on a ward hooked up to a pump that has yet another pain killer in it which seems to be working thankfully.

So as long as I can keep loosing weight like I have done on my month long liver reducing diet I was on I should look a bit thinner as in the month of just being on slimfast black coffee and bovril drink I managed to loose just short of three stones.

OK I'm really sorry for wafling on so long and probably making no sense as I'm still buzzing from all the drugs.
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM   #786
sandy
Adult

Gordon sorry to hear all your problems, and it must be so frustrating. But getting it off your chest will help:0) It seems things are at least on the up. So keep your chin up keep posting here:0) Fingers crossed you have better days.

Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM   #787
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy View Post
Gordon sorry to hear all your problems, and it must be so frustrating. But getting it off your chest will help:0) It seems things are at least on the up. So keep your chin up keep posting here:0) Fingers crossed you have better days.
Thank you for the kind words Sandy this has taken its toll on me over the last few years and I have struggled and times which hopefully is now behind me.
As long as all goes well this time and I don't get any more infections and can loose all the weight I need to the in a years time I can have the last operation to tidy up all the scaring and get back to some kind of normality.
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM   #788
sandy
Adult

Losing weight is not so easy to do, I know, I have been trying for years. But liking food does not help. I find I have to eat boring food for health and trying to lose weight but it does not happen:0( I hope all goes well for you Gordon and keep your chin up:0)

Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM   #789
tortydat
Sub Adult

Onwards and upwards from now on and looking forward to the new slimmer version of Gordon. Hope you'll be home soon and feeling more comfortable. xx
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote