Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Where to Buy and Bargains

Old 01-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #1
Ian16ac
Egg

Default Swell Reptiles.

So there story goes something like this.

I bought an Arcadia D3 12 months ago on 03/03/2014 and recently it stopped working. I tried to take the bulb out of the holder and it crumbled. As you can see from the pictures below. This happened on 05/03/2015. The bulb was not in use until 16/03/2014, as I had to wait for my tortoise table to be built.

I emailed Swell Reptiles (09/03/2015) who ask for pictures, which I sent. I emailed the images on the 15/03/2015, and had to email again asking for any further information on the 24/03/2015, as I had no reply.

I had a reply saying, 'Replacement will be leaving us today with our apologies for the delay'

At this point, I was very happy and thought what great customer service I had received. Three minutes later another email came through to say the following, 'Just be aware that this was out of warranty so being done as a favour for yourself.'

I felt as though this was completely unneeded and ruined the customer experience. Needless to say I will not be using Swell Reptiles in the future and I felt as though others should be aware of the service. A customer lost by an unnecessary email.

Ian16ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:07 AM   #2
Hanako
Hatchling

Well, to be fair, they didn't have to replace it if it was out of warranty. You may not like the second email, but I think it is pretty decent that they did replace it.
Hanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:53 AM   #3
Gordon
Adult

I can't see what the problem is they did you a big favour and your moaning about it. I have had bulbs that have blow and come apart lots of times that's what they do. As for swell reptiles I have never had any problems with them and will carry on ordering from them.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #4
emma_mcraf
Adult

Frustrating but it's one of those things. I also have had bulbs that have blown and come apart in the same way, but I only buy normal reflector bulbs for the basking spot, rather than the combined ones, so they're easily and cheaply replaced.
At least you got your almost full year out of the bulb. Hopefully your replacement will last at least a full year too for you.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:07 AM   #5
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

If it was within the warranty they would probably claim for a new one from Arcadia because it's Arcadia who offer the 12 months warranty but as it's out of warranty they'd either replace it and be out of pocket or they'd contact Arcadia and ask if they were prepared to replace it, perhaps that's why there was a bit of a delay, maybe waiting for a reply from Arcadia.
Sometimes the bulb is not the problem, it's the holder. A bulb replaced under warranty will not have a further 12 months warranty
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote