Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-07-2019, 05:41 PM   #151
Gordon
Adult

Well happy days I might be in here for another two bloomin days. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:13 PM   #152
emma_mcraf
Adult

Bummer! A heated hospital ward when it’s all muggy and warm already....
How are you feeling? Other than peed off?
They must really like you, Gordon. I daren’t ask you to add up how many days you’ve spent in hospital or as an out-patient since Christmas.
Get better soon. I’m expecting more hatchling photos from you this summer!!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:32 PM   #153
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Bummer! A heated hospital ward when it’s all muggy and warm already....
How are you feeling? Other than peed off?
They must really like you, Gordon. I daren’t ask you to add up how many days you’ve spent in hospital or as an out-patient since Christmas.
Get better soon. I’m expecting more hatchling photos from you this summer!!
I'm not sure on how many days and I hate to think of the cost but ho hum.
As for the heat its definitely warm in my little room even with the Dyson fan thing going 24/7 they got me that when my temperature shot up to 39.2 yesterday lol not seen them move so fast but its coming down now and is only 38 and my observations were all over the place. But on a plus side I do have my own loo.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:35 PM   #154
Gordon
Adult

Oh and just to top it off when the infection goes which will be two to three weeks I could possibly have another hernia and need-------------wait for it and I'm going to swear now another bloody operation
Old 09-07-2019, 07:09 PM   #155
emma_mcraf
Adult

En-suite facilities eh? Being treated like a royal!
That is not a good temperature and neither is 38.
Hope they continue to get it down so you can feel better.

As for the thought of the infection hanging about for another 2-3 weeks, let alone the possibility of yet more surgery...no one would believe it if you told them this all started last December and it’s been one thing after another. You’ll be able to dine out on this little story for years...or maybe not depending on how delicate your friends and family are!

Presumably all went well with the gallbladder removal and the liver is fine also and it’s just the infection and subsequent hole that’s the problem?
Plus the potential new hernia....
Carry on carrying on, Gordon. Hope you’ve got lots of visitors to keep you sane and are managing to eat and sleep. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 11-07-2019, 08:53 PM   #156
CherryBrandy
Adult

crikey I feel for you having been visiting hospitals for last few weeks - looks like something out of Tenko.

Are you feeling any better G ? CB
Old 12-07-2019, 07:58 AM   #157
Gordon
Adult

Well I'm home and still blinking sore it turns out I had cellulitis and boy I dont ever want it again.
It kicked in Sunday about 10 am just feeling a bit flu like so went back to bed when I sat down I passed out and luckily went backwards. Had to call her indoors who was at work and told her not to be long as I felt a bit funny then started to uncontrollably shiver and was freezing cold. So there I stayed for an hour until it stopped. When she came in she said I look very pail and looked at my wound area and said the skin to the side is looking red. Then it seem to go away and I went outside to sit in the sun and warm up and I was there for about 10 minutes and started to feel like I was going to be sick so off to the bathroom where it upped a level and there after waking up with my head over the bath and me sat on the loo which I have no idea how I started to feel like someone had the shower over me the sweat was running out and at that point lissa came in and said I need to call the hospital and see what they say and I vaguely remember telling her to do it. I then picked myself up and went and sat on the sofa for a bit when it started again at that point she was ready to call for an ambulance which I said no get me to our local hospital like now so off we went I dont remember the 15 minute journey at all and vaguely remember being rushed through the hospital on a bed being prodded and poked which was all just like some bizarre dream. So that was Sunday I sort of remember coming back to life early on Monday morning with drips stuck in everywhere feeling really weak and feeble so the week went on and they pumped so many antibiotics into me it was crazy but they let me go last night with a huge supply of pills and dressings so there we go dont go getting cellulitis if you don't want to feel like hell.
I'm thinking I must be the most unlucky person at the moment but very grateful to the staff at the hospital.

Last edited by Gordon; 12-07-2019 at 08:03 AM.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:28 AM   #158
emma_mcraf
Adult

Well thank goodness you went to hospital when you did. Typical bloke thing to not want to go or call an ambulance. Had the same with my hubby when he had pneumonia in February.

But what an awful thing to develop. You must have been through the wringer so many times since your first op and just never really recovered from it.
Is there any news on whether you have another hernia and will need more surgery? Really hope for your sake that won’t be the case and you can rest up and start getting better at home.
You were definitely in the right place but I bet it feels good to be home now.
Take it easy!
Hope M and the girls are bearing up too. It’s horrible seeing someone so unwell.
xx

Old 12-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #159
Yvonne G
Hatched

Every time I open this thread I'm hoping to get to the "happy ending." This has been a terrible time for you. I can't imagine going through what you have to endure. Hopefully you're now on the road to recovery and we'll soon be reading the happy ending to this saga.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:49 PM   #160
ClareandCo
Sub Adult

I had cellulitus - the joys of working outdoors. You get eg bitten, catch your leg on a bramble, scratch it and an infection appears! Nowhere near as bad as yours, but a hot, red swelling patch, which just seems to expand before your eyes. I went straight to our local walk in centre and got a week's antibiotics.

Hopefully, you'll soon be on the mend.
ClareandCo is offline   Reply With Quote