Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Edible Weeds, Diet & Suppliments

Old 12-05-2018, 10:08 PM   #41
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
So did I Suze ! good acronym but didn't see it Jan, looks like I will have to do iplayer I suspect now on your recommendation. just watched Marcella. I like Anna Friel but she was alittle scarey at times. I wonder if she has a tortoise, CB
I stuck with Marcella too. Didn’t like the main thread of her investigations but interesting to discover the cause of her personal problems. Just started watching Frontier about the Hudson Bay Company and the fight for the fur trade in the 1700’s. Has Jason Momoa in it, aka Khal Drogo. Seems okay so far...

Harlots is good too. Georgian prostitution... new series starting in July.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 09:27 AM   #42
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
I stuck with Marcella too. Didn’t like the main thread of her investigations but interesting to discover the cause of her personal problems. Just started watching Frontier about the Hudson Bay Company and the fight for the fur trade in the 1700’s. Has Jason Momoa in it, aka Khal Drogo. Seems okay so far...

Harlots is good too. Georgian prostitution... new series starting in July.
A bit too scary for me

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2018, 08:46 PM   #43
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
A bit too scary for me
They only ply their trade Suze ! oldest profession in the world !! don't loooooook unless you have a cushion !! I will look out for that one Emma. That requiem was blooming awful - what a waste of 6 episodes (spoiler !!! ) to be met with an alien being....for good ness sake. Innocent was excellent and by 3rd episode I guess it !but had gone through the cast ! but it was a good old fashioned detective drama with no little beaming greenies or Vera in sight. Beam me up scottie ...
Old 19-05-2018, 10:00 PM   #44
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
They only ply their trade Suze ! oldest profession in the world !! don't loooooook unless you have a cushion !! I will look out for that one Emma. That requiem was blooming awful - what a waste of 6 episodes (spoiler !!! ) to be met with an alien being....for good ness sake. Innocent was excellent and by 3rd episode I guess it !but had gone through the cast ! but it was a good old fashioned detective drama with no little beaming greenies or Vera in sight. Beam me up scottie ...
We liked Innocent too. Requiem was ridiculous.
On the second season of Frontier now. Alun Armstrong plays a very different character to anything I’ve seen him in.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 25-05-2018, 09:00 PM   #45
CherryBrandy
Adult

Ha - requiem was aaawful....I should have watched a Steven Siegel movie as it would have had slightly more yawn - at least yawning is exercise.

Do you think SW should do a Tortoise Garden at Chelsea? Perhaps Wilber could spearhead it ? CB
Old 25-05-2018, 09:36 PM   #46
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
We haven’t had a debate on here for soooooo long , so here’s a question that has been asked before and never really answered properly. Here goes, when giving a pinch of neutrobal or other vit d3, how much should we give per tortoise, what is a pinch ? How do we know if they’re getting enough or too much? Your thoughts please.

Or maybe I’m the only one here who hasn’t got a clue and you know what you’re doing
If I remember correctly the instruction for Nutrobal was to take a pinch and then blow it over the food. Half of it would go over the floor probably. If you have massive big fat fingers then a pinch would be much larger that if you had tiny little skinny fingers
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 10:08 PM   #47
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Ha - requiem was aaawful....I should have watched a Steven Siegel movie as it would have had slightly more yawn - at least yawning is exercise.

Do you think SW should do a Tortoise Garden at Chelsea? Perhaps Wilber could spearhead it ? CB
Ooh, yes....Gordon would be able to landscape it for us and we could all line up and meet the queen; Gordon in his Union Jack Mankini!

Old 26-05-2018, 08:57 AM   #48
Gordon
Adult

Well I did a garden at the three county's in Malvern once and did ok.
The only problem is it costs an absolute fortune.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 02:30 PM   #49
CherryBrandy
Adult

do we sometimes get the feeling Alan is the only sensible one on here !!

If we did a Tortoise garden we would only need weeds Gordon !!!! surely not that much ! and love to see your Malvern creation !
Old 26-05-2018, 02:46 PM   #50
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
do we sometimes get the feeling Alan is the only sensible one on here !!

If we did a Tortoise garden we would only need weeds Gordon !!!! surely not that much ! and love to see your Malvern creation !
Were you on here when Alan used to send the most brilliant letters to the supermarkets, Clare? Such as asking Tesco why there’s no tiger listed in the ingredients for their tiger bread?
I think he tolerates us silly ones....