Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 16-01-2020, 02:37 PM   #501
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well the drain is now out and was about six inches long but apart from when she cut the two stitches didn't hurt to much so that was good.
As for infection there is one brewing and the nurse I saw quite honestly was hopeless and never put any packing in so let's see what happens.
Glad it wasn’t too painful. You must dread these procedures after having them done so many times.
It’s mental how many infections you’ve had. It would be lovely if there’s no infection this time but I expect you can tell from the very first signs now, or when your dog lets you know.
I really hope that things will be less complicated than last year for you. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 04:52 PM   #502
Yvonne G
Hatched

I'll bet it's getting hard for the doctors to find an antibiotic that your body hasn't become used to. . . one that works on you.

Old 16-01-2020, 06:43 PM   #503
Gordon
Adult

Well I've been to my local hospital this afternoon as I wasn't happy with how the nurse had dresssed it this morning and they were brilliant.
I explained as to what I've been through and was getting stressed out again at the thought of going back to my Drs and having their nurses stuffing my wound and they have said they are more than happy to do it.
So the nurse called me in and I got on the bed and she took one look and said I have another infection to which I said dont worry I have antibiotics.
She cleaned all three of my holes so carefully it was almost a pleasure then proceeded to see if she could find any holes tracking off and nearly lost the probe as it went in so far and said it should definitely be packed but she might not be able to get it in as the hole wasn't that big so I told her to stick her finger in it as that's what the surgeons normally do.
So bless her she used her little finger and tried to no avail so I said push harder and she did to which pop in it went and the look on her face was hilarious and it was even better when blood came pouring out so lots of gauze held on it and all good.
In went the stuffing and proper dressing put on and all good.
It was all so clean and tidy that I have come away very happy and I'm now looking forward strangely to now going there as to Drs.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 11:24 PM   #504
emma_mcraf
Adult

Well that sounds better. Sounds like she really didn’t want to hurt you and was being very careful. I’m glad you feel more reassured now and hopefully you’ll relax and not worry about going for the dressing change and perhaps indirectly that’ll help the infection to clear more quickly and there won’t be continued repeats of infections and holes!
Hope you get a good nights sleep.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 20-01-2020, 04:02 PM   #505
Gordon
Adult

well back in and looking at operation number six as have a huge extremely painful abcess that has just popped.
Old 20-01-2020, 04:41 PM   #506
Yvonne G
Hatched

Oh for cryin' out loud, Gordon. Will it never end? Well, keep the faith. We're all rooting for you.
Old 20-01-2020, 04:48 PM   #507
emma_mcraf
Adult

You’re trying to break records now aren’t you?
Your mattress at home must feel alien to you as you’re spending so much time on hospital beds.
Good luck with the operation and the subsequent dressing/drainage. This has to stop eventually. Let’s hope this is the time. x

Old 21-01-2020, 04:16 AM   #508
Gordon
Adult

Well 3 am ish and all done I'm now relatively pain free compared to a few hrs ago.
I am now sat in bed having a nice cup of tea and some digestives so all is good.
Old 21-01-2020, 08:52 AM   #509
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Well 3 am ish and all done I'm now relatively pain free compared to a few hrs ago.
I am now sat in bed having a nice cup of tea and some digestives so all is good.
Good to hear. Rest up and hope you’re back home soon. x

Old 21-01-2020, 03:56 PM   #510
Yvonne G
Hatched

Quote:
3a.m. with a cup of tea? Have you never heard of sleeping, man? Glad it's overwith, and let's hope this is the last time and now you're fixed!