Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 05-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
70ridgeway
Adult

Default blood bank

kind dogs needed for life saving blood bank cradley heath 19th april dogs should be between 1 and 8 years old in good health weighing over 25kg all pets taking part must be up to date with all vaccinations if any one can help please do, it could help to save the lives of others my rotweiler gemma will be taking part all dogs will be rewarded wih a drink and a biscuit .Dogs taking part can only do so if they have never travelled abroad or had a blood transfusion in the past
70ridgeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
swad1000
Adult

My dog is too old now,but he'd makeb the weight about 3 times over, but what a good idea, didn't know such things exhisted.
swad1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
joanna
Adult

These weight issues get me. I'd love my dogs to help and have looked into it before but they are both under 25kg and certainly should be! I have a lurcher mainly whippet plus saluki and bedlington and bedlington terrier. Surely if smaller amounts off smaller dogs was agreed they'd eventually get more rather than refusing them?

A great cause though I must say for those with larger dogs!
joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
70ridgeway
Adult

a larger dog can donate up to 450mls and aparently for what i read about this that 45 to 50% of larger dogs have a universal blood type im not 100%on this but thats what is stated on one of the sites i was reading up on when i decided to allow my dog to do this after reading an apeal in our newspaper,if my dog can help save someone elses pet all well and good and im willing to do this she can donate up to 4 times ayear and i totally agree if smaller breeds could do this my other two would do it as the other one cannot as shes pregnant
70ridgeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:53 AM   #5
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

i think that its a great idea....i did read about it at the vets ages ago but you know how it is when your reading out of bordom and you take nothing it.

i think if smallers dogs could donate then that would be a great thing but i wud imagine there wud not be enough and don't thinky ou cud just mix aload of blood together to make more.

my dog wieghts 7 kg and is fully grown. she is pretty musclar and has 2-3 walks aday about 3 miles . i have a brillant idea tho.....if i keep feeding her saugages and bacon fat then i reack by june i can get her 18kg put on.
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:18 AM   #6
linda
Adult

Default Re: blood bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ridgeway
kind dogs needed for life saving blood bank cradley heath 19th april dogs should be between 1 and 8 years old in good health weighing over 25kg all pets taking part must be up to date with all vaccinations if any one can help please do, it could help to save the lives of others my rotweiler gemma will be taking part all dogs will be rewarded wih a drink and a biscuit .Dogs taking part can only do so if they have never travelled abroad or had a blood transfusion in the past
thank you for bringing this to our attention xxx
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #7
kimmerz
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kimmerz Send a message via Yahoo to kimmerz

My dogs to old too and he's a chihuahua (a fat one he's 14pound) but I think thats still to light anyway.

7 hermanns-Paris, Turbo, Pumba, Dave, Izzy, Miami and Zippy.
2 reds- Tommy and Elliot
kimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote