Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-10-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
kellybibby
Incubating

Default Dog attacks

i was attacked by a rottwieler yesterday, im ok the owner managed to drag it off before it did serious damage. i was going through the front door and the neighbour was stood there with the dog, my boyfriends cousin was also there and stroking the dog, she is about 7.
i went through the door and turned to close it and she sed hello and i did (whilst having my back turned to them all). the next thing i new the dog had jumped up and grabed my bag the owner then managed to pull him off. in shock i moved away quickly and got in my car to ring my boyfriend, the owner put the dog back in his flat and came over to me to talk to me.
he claims that the dog is protective of children and would never have bit me and thats why it went for the bag. but the thing is i had my back to her and didnt move towards her so i dont see how the dog saw me as a threat. also its not like the dog is a police dog and had training, how would the dog now if it was a bag or my back.
anyway im really paranoid that the dog will know my smell and probly go for me agen.
also there are a lot of children on the street
do you think i should report the dog? can i even though it didnt manage to bite me?
0.2.0 Yellow Bellied Slider Turtles, Alvin and Simon
0.0.1 African Grey, Jack
kellybibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #2
anna m
Adult

I think you should report this
It's not right is it?
You must be very shaken by it I know I would be
Please report this
I have nothing against Dogs or Rottwielers my brother had a Rottwielers who was gentle but they are powerful dogs and need to behave 100% of the time
Hope you are ok now

Last edited by anna m; 02-10-2009 at 02:14 PM.
anna m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

Poor you, what a shock. I too agree that you should report it. Good luck in your recovery.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Pussygalore
Adult

that must have been terrifying, if the owner can't stop the dog jumping up people, that in itself could knock someone over, then they shouldn't have the dog around people or should have to have it proffessionally trained. I'd speak to them first before reporting in it and if you don't have any luck then say you'll take the matter further. You have to live with your neirbour and life could be very difficult if you reported him/her without giving them a chance to rectify first, you might find that if they care for the dog they'd be only to willing to try to make the animal behave better rather than have it put on the dangerous dogs list or worse still taken away or put down. Speak to them first, you wouldn't want to be reported without being given the chance to put things right or even knowing that someone had a problem with something you did or owned.

Last edited by Pussygalore; 02-10-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
Dawn Fletcher
Banned
Sub Adult

REPORT IT FOR SURE!!!
next time someeone might not be so lucky

what a crap exscuse to use........there are no exscuses for that behaviour.

Dawn
Dawn Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
mandyxx
Egg

you can report it because by law its a breach of the dangerous dogs act. dogs dont attack without warning which some people think his body language would should have told his owner how he was feeling and going to act. one of my dogs has bitten before i homed him and has lunged at people on the lead but all that is behind him now with training. i love rotties and i feel they get a bad name because owners buy dogs they cant handle.
mandyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
tartaruga amore
Sub Adult

glad your ok kelly, but i am in agreement with pussy, have a word with the owner first,
did you by any chance throw your bag on your shoulder as you went to put the key in the door
tartaruga amore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #8
Gaelle
Incubating

Glad you're ok, those dogs can do so much damage! In France, they're not even allowed out of their owners' house without a muzzle and lead on.

I was bitten by a German Shepherd Dog last year and even though I am used to dogs (got some and worked with them), it left me really shaken up! I felt like I should have reported it but to be fair, the dog bit me in "her" home. I was giving private French tuitions to a teenager at the time and even though the dog had always been acting very aggressive towards me, that day, they just let her attack me! Irresponsible idiots! I only had a few puncture holes in my calf thanks to the high boots I was wearing that day and a massive swollen bruise for weeks. Could've been worse but it was pretty traumatic to me. Thank goodness that Rottie didn't actually get hold of you!
Gaelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
kellybibby
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartaruga amore View Post
glad your ok kelly, but i am in agreement with pussy, have a word with the owner first,
did you by any chance throw your bag on your shoulder as you went to put the key in the door
im gunna have a word 2morrow i saw him out with the dog 2day without a mussle
No i already had my bag on my shoulder
Thanks for everyones opinions
0.2.0 Yellow Bellied Slider Turtles, Alvin and Simon
0.0.1 African Grey, Jack
kellybibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #10
baybay
Incubating

Well A few years ago I got attacked by a german shepard, I rode off on my bike as fast as i could and collided with a small child in the street in the mist of my terror. My grandpa put that dogs owner in the right place

R.I.P Stewie you will be missed
baybay is offline   Reply With Quote