Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-07-2012, 12:48 AM   #21
Xero
Hatchling

Send a message via MSN to Xero

Have a word with these: http://www.facebook.com/volly1 They are VERY Cheap at building stuff if you design it..

Peaches > Turbo > Speedy > Dexcie

1.2.0 T.h.Horsfieldii..R.I.P Speedy :(
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #22
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBH123 View Post
I will have a chat with him thanks Emma

I really dont wanna have to rehome my torts Do u think that these 3 will be okay in here for the time being while i try and sort out a second level? Male is 5.5 miches, 4 inch female and 8 inch female? Had them outside today by the way a whole 12 hours (I had them in their makeshift run and just stuck some house bricks on top and left them, so im slowly quitting the stressing about having them outside lol)

Thanks
If they're currently in a smaller table, then they'll enjoy the bit of extra space when they go into this one. It's obviously not ideal in the long term as the torts still have some growing to do, but I'm sure they'd be fine for a little while, whilst you get some money together to build up on the table.
I appreciate how expensive timber is at the moment, so I know it's tough to pay out extra on top of the cost of the table.
It's lovely to get them outside though, perhaps we'll get some sun for a few weeks later on in the summer.
See how you get on and how you feel. You can always reassess in a few weeks time and see how you feel about their space requirements.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #23
emmajh
Hatched

Only just seen this post. How's it going? I'm going away on hols now for 2 weeks but let me know how you are getting on with things in a couple of weeks x
emmajh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #24
Improvise
Incubating

Send a message via MSN to Improvise

If cost is the reason for not building an outdoor area for them, search a local freecycle site for a kennel and old windows to make a coldframe. Free pallets could be taken appart for the surrounds and uprights to support. Sure you could build a very nice outdoor area for the price of some screws
Old 27-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #25
TBH123
Hatched

Hi again people

My nan, bless her, has just informed me she is buying me a run off of Ebay!! the biggest one she could afford (6X4ft) I know its only 'small' but its a start Im thinking of buying another of these runs soon so i can put them together to make a 12X8ft (hopefully).

My mum/nan/sister think that im crazy as it was 28-30 degrees the other day and i sat outside with them for the entire afternoon while they missioned around on the grass

I wish i could have left them out there, but due to a b*stard cat from next door trying to attack my youngest!! (hence me needing some sort of protective run)

Slowly but steadily, im feeling a little better about the situation, and its all thanks to you caring people. Honestly if i didnt have this forum to turn to, i dont know what i would have done.

So thankyou!

Scott x