Shelled Warriors Forums
 

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-03-2018, 11:58 AM   #1
Jan W
Senior Member
Sub Adult
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,400
Default Sun and snow!

Yesterday I was going to tell you how the torts raced to go through the door to go outside for the first time. It was so sunny and they headed straight to the warm area and spent time under the plastic roofing. Bertie decided he was staying out last night and found a great sheltered spot. However, with the predicted temperatures I took him back to his indoor house.

Now today - currently it is snowing heavily. Very chilly with the wind chill factor. I need to get my thermals out again!

What crazy weather.
__________________
Jan
Horsfields - Bertie & Beatrice
Jan W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 12:13 PM   #2
sandy
Senior Member
Adult
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 11,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan W View Post
Yesterday I was going to tell you how the torts raced to go through the door to go outside for the first time. It was so sunny and they headed straight to the warm area and spent time under the plastic roofing. Bertie decided he was staying out last night and found a great sheltered spot. However, with the predicted temperatures I took him back to his indoor house.

Now today - currently it is snowing heavily. Very chilly with the wind chill factor. I need to get my thermals out again!

What crazy weather.
Same here Jan, typical english weather:0)
__________________
< > 60+, keeping ibera, graeca and box turtles
\0/
/_\

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #3
CherryBrandy
Senior Member
Adult
 
CherryBrandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SE England
Posts: 4,046
Default

blizzard here , got boots and woolly hat on indoors ! had to bring everyone in and they are not happy bunnies, CB
__________________
Horsfields, Spur Thighed, & Marginata
CherryBrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 04:37 PM   #4
emma_mcraf
Senior Member
Adult
 
emma_mcraf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Devon
Posts: 11,132
Default

Sleet and snow here but the clouds are looking full of heavier snow to fall this evening and through the night.
I have behaved and not whipped myself up into a storm this time to create so many blizzards, so with no Storm Emma in play I think it'll all be back to normal again by Tuesday and we can look forward to spring arriving in full swing. I reckon if March has a sting in its tail, and a snowy sting at that - we're in for a good summer. Well, positive thoughts and all that!!
__________________
Emma
Mum to:
4 children 3.1.0
Testudo Hermanni 5.12.0:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esme, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia and Amaris
Chickens 0.2.0: Beatrice & Emilia
White's Tree Frog (Litoria Caerulea) 1.0.0: Tiko
Mack Snow Leopard Gecko 0.1.0: Jazz
Leopard Gecko 0.1.0: Bindi
Budgie: 1.0.0: Jasper
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie
Guinea piggies
emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 06:46 AM   #5
Gordon
Senior Member
Adult
 
Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 5,375
Default

Well we have a good covering today so don't think any torts will be going out today
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 07:23 PM   #6
Suze65
Senior Member
Adult
 
Suze65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 6,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Sleet and snow here but the clouds are looking full of heavier snow to fall this evening and through the night.
I have behaved and not whipped myself up into a storm this time to create so many blizzards, so with no Storm Emma in play I think it'll all be back to normal again by Tuesday and we can look forward to spring arriving in full swing. I reckon if March has a sting in its tail, and a snowy sting at that - we're in for a good summer. Well, positive thoughts and all that!!
I like your thinking, let's hope for a decent summer, you never know it might happen ! I've been in Lincolnshire this weekend and it was blowing an absolute freezing hooly across the field behind us and quite literally the blizzards (which kept on all day) were horizontal. We should have come home on Sunday, but had to delay until today.
__________________
Suze.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 08:10 PM   #7
emma_mcraf
Senior Member
Adult
 
emma_mcraf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Devon
Posts: 11,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
I like your thinking, let's hope for a decent summer, you never know it might happen ! I've been in Lincolnshire this weekend and it was blowing an absolute freezing hooly across the field behind us and quite literally the blizzards (which kept on all day) were horizontal. We should have come home on Sunday, but had to delay until today.
Brrr! Sounds very chilly, Suze. Bet you didnít get to see any hares in the field this visit then.
__________________
Emma
Mum to:
4 children 3.1.0
Testudo Hermanni 5.12.0:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esme, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia and Amaris
Chickens 0.2.0: Beatrice & Emilia
White's Tree Frog (Litoria Caerulea) 1.0.0: Tiko
Mack Snow Leopard Gecko 0.1.0: Jazz
Leopard Gecko 0.1.0: Bindi
Budgie: 1.0.0: Jasper
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie
Guinea piggies
emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 03:48 PM   #8
Suze65
Senior Member
Adult
 
Suze65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 6,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Brrr! Sounds very chilly, Suze. Bet you didnít get to see any hares in the field this visit then.
Not a hare to be seen, in fact much of the time, not a lot could be seen! I've never felt a wind so cold bbrrrrrrrr
__________________
Suze.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 08:28 PM   #9
emma_mcraf
Senior Member
Adult
 
emma_mcraf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Devon
Posts: 11,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Not a hare to be seen, in fact much of the time, not a lot could be seen! I've never felt a wind so cold bbrrrrrrrr
Hopefully things will start to warm up now. I managed to walk Chester without my gloves on today, so things must be improving, despite the half-melted snowman everywhere!
Someone mentioned a white Easter!! I hope not.....
__________________
Emma
Mum to:
4 children 3.1.0
Testudo Hermanni 5.12.0:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esme, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia and Amaris
Chickens 0.2.0: Beatrice & Emilia
White's Tree Frog (Litoria Caerulea) 1.0.0: Tiko
Mack Snow Leopard Gecko 0.1.0: Jazz
Leopard Gecko 0.1.0: Bindi
Budgie: 1.0.0: Jasper
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie
Guinea piggies
emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 09:36 AM   #10
tortydat
Member
Juvenile
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 941
Default

Have woken up to a good covering of snow which is strange as when everyone else had it so bad the other week we hardly had any! It can go away as soon as it comes as far as I'm concerned!
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.